Community Forum

Re: Accidentally changed username - want to change it back

New Poster

I also changed my username recently not knowing it would change my email address. I have logged a ticke, chatted and sent an email to Comcast support to remove the 90. Dayholdon my old username withou success so far. I would think since this issue has I e up before that Comcast support would have the resolution written in an existing ticket or a knowledge database. Does anyone know if email sent to the deactivated username email address is forwarded to the new username email address? I really need my old username 90 day hold removed. All my important correspondence such as electronic bills goes to the  old email address. Anyone in Comcast support who knows how to resolve this issue, PLEASE HELP

Gold Problem Solver

No, mail sent to the old address will not be forwarded to the new one.

The old one no longer exists and the sender will receive a bounce message.

I have escalated your post to the forum administrator. An official employee will reply. Please check back every once in a while for a reply by one of them. Official employees authorized to post in the forum are higher up the ladder than phone agents.

Official Employee

Hi Bobwarren, I  will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

ComcastPhil, are you able to PM me regarding my account.  I have called in many, many times with no help.  I need my original email account (username) back.

New Poster

Hi ComcastPhill.  I am having the same problem of being locked out of my original user name/email account.  Can you pm me to help?

Thank you!!

Official Employee

Hi mlapatka, if you're locked out of your username and would like to gain access you can go to the sign in page a click on "Forgot Password" below the sign in area. You can also call into 1-800-COMCAST and they can provide a temporary password for you.