Community Forum

Phone Number Already Associated with Another Account

New Poster

Phone Number Already Associated with Another Account

Hi, apparently my email and phone number are associated with another Xfinity account at the moment.  This is definitely a possibility.  That said, I am attempting to set up my internet service and Xfinity account for the apartment that I will be moving into in two weeks.  Can I disassociate my email and phone number from any accounts that they're currently tied to, so I can proceed with creating my new account?  Thanks!

Problem Solver

Re: Phone Number Already Associated with Another Account

Probably depends on the status of those accounts.  An agent would have to look into this.  How long have you had the phone number and email address?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Official Employee

Hello MrKnapp2, thank you for reaching out  and welcome to our Community Forums. I Understand, that you are in need of assistance getting the right email and phone number associated with the right account, and I can help.  To get started could you please send me a private message with your full name?

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am facing exactly the same issue; I was able to activate my service calling to customer services but they could not fix the access to the website. I spend hours on the phone and nothing was achieved. 

In my case, the phone, email, and address are associate still with an old account from a previous service I had long ago and this is preventing me to enroll the new service on the website.

New Poster

I am facing the same issue.
New Poster

Can  you help me too? 

I am facing the same issue

Official Employee

Hello, josedavidg and Zee_! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

I would love to help both of you as well with getting your number associated with the correct account.  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello everyone, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were all able to get help associating your phone number to your account, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.