Community Forum

Ordered a new internet service, cannot create account.

Regular Visitor

Ordered a new internet service, cannot create account.

Recieved an email about order confirmation and asked me to create an xfinity account.

But I can't create an account. If choose to use phone number, it says I need to input my address to verify. After input my address, it errors out with "We don't recognize that address. Please try again"

I guess that's because I already have an account with the same email and phone number? But I can't add the new service to my existing account either. When I logged in with the old account, it only displayed with the old account information, and I can't do anything with it.

Please help, thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Ordered a new internet service, cannot create account.

Hello donehl and FrustratedNJ, thank you for posting here on our forum. You are receiving this error message due to you not having services installed just yet, please wait until your services are installed and then you will be able to see your new account information. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

What if I need to reschedule the installation appointment?
Official Employee

Hello, epaz2! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

If you do not have access to your account quite yet and need to reschedule your appointment, I would be more than happy to assist you with that process.  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Hi, now my internet is setup and I can connect to the internet. But still can't create a new account or find the address from my existing account.

Official Employee

Hi there, donehl.

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employee

I am glad I was able to help you out. Thank you for being a part of the forums and a valued Comcast customer! I hope you have nice week! Smiley Happy

New Poster

How can I private message you I see no option to send message
Expert

@Anrouse12 wrote:
How can I private message you I see no option to send message

Please start a new thread with your issue.

The sending of a Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our Private Message Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.