Community Forum

ON DEMAND (confussion between linear & streaming versions)

Expert

ON DEMAND (confussion between linear & streaming versions)

I have noticed a lot of people getting confussed and posting on the wrong version of ON DEMAND with their questions.

It gets very hard for any of us to help them out if we don't know which site they are talking about.

How about getting the titles of these services labelled to avoid this problem:

" On Demand " Linear (standard cable) version

" On Demand " Streaming video version

Expert

Re: ON DEMAND (confussion between linear & streaming versions)

I have not seen any replies yet.

Could you please see that this post is forwarded to the forum members who make programing changes to how the forum is displayed and operated.

Thank you.

Administrator

MNtundraRET,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are always looking for ways to improve the XFINITY Forum. In order to make any changes to the forum and its layout we need to ensure that we are following some community best practices. We will need to verify adequate volume in both of those subjects to facilitate that change. If there is the needed number of posts for both topics to make that change, we will do so.

Thanks again for the feedback we appreciate your help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Considering all the confussion with posters on which forum heading was meant for linear cable ON DEMAND, or Internet ON DEMAND.

Is there any Comcast employee on forum, Experts, or longtime members, who know which forum heading  was meant for each type?

Admin1

Hi MNtundraRET -- The On Demand header was meant for On Demand issues of any kind regardless if it's linear or online. All On Demand issues are handled by the same support team so it is ok that they all route there.  

Expert

@ComcastZach wrote:

Hi MNtundraRET -- The On Demand header was meant for On Demand issues of any kind regardless if it's linear or online. All On Demand issues are handled by the same support team so it is ok that they all route there.  

Comcast Zack:

I have to admit your way of handling the problem makes the most sense. The vast majority of people having a problem may not even be aware there was more than one On Demand forum, so improving the labeling would not change things much. I won't be expecting the change I recommended any more.

The ON DEMAND linear cable has always worked fine for me since it first came out. It's one of the reasons I don't have use, or need, for a DVR. Also; many programs from 1080i network stations are still 1080i on ON DEMAND linear cable, versus only 720p when shown first time on the network's Comcast channel. It's the main reason I stick with my current level of service with Comcast in spite of not being happy with the loss of many cable channels changed from 1080i MPEG2 to 720p MPEG4.