Community Forum

Not able use reuse a username I just let go on old act

Regular Visitor

Not able use reuse a username I just let go on old act

Hi,

I just signed back on with Xfinity after a few years and was issued a new account even though I used to have an old, inactive account.

I want to use the username from the old account, and I even let it go on the old account by switching it out to some placeholder name, so that the preferred username is freed up, but when I try to use that username on my new account, the page says that name is already taken. So then I tried to lookup the account with the username and the page says that that username does not exist.

It seems there is a way to reclaim an unused username but that it cannot be done on the xfinity website, or there is an undocumented lock out period for discarded usernames.

In any case, can someone help me get my preferred and supposedly currently unused username onto my new account?

Thanks in advance!

Official Employee

Re: Not able use reuse a username I just let go on old act

Hello needHelp18, as long as the previous account belong to you and was in your name I can transfer the username over for you. For further assistance please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".