Community Forum

Moving - need account set-up help

Regular Visitor

Moving - need account set-up help

Does anyone have straightforward step by step instruction on how to add a new account number to existing MyXfinity profile? 

I am moving and my old account is open while opening a new one. Trying to add a new account but can't find a single mention on how it can be done.

I have a new account number but want to retain my existing email address. 

I was able to to create a new MyXfinity account but I am not allowed to use my email address or my cell phone so it's given my a new email address I do not want.

Why can't the process be streamlined and user friendly?

I'm not the only one moving and having this issue as I can see on this board.

Posts show Comcast employees have been able to help individuals but no help or instructions are posted.
Please help!

Admin1

Re: Moving - need account set-up help

Hi campbka -- That is not something you can do on your own. An employee has to move your email address over to your new account. You can send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I'll be able to move that over for you.

Regular Visitor

Thank you.  I got a similar response from Customer Service by phone yesterday.   I'll contact you if I need any help.

Thank you.

Admin1

campbka -- You're welcome. We'll be here to assist if you need us. 

New Poster

I have tried to set up paperless billing.  But I cannot because my email and phone number are still connected to my old account and I cannot use them on my new account.  What needs to be done?

Official Employee

Hey @DNDabbs

I can help get the account unlinked. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.