Community Forum

Many people can't view the videos on myxfinity homepage yet there isn't an issue or solution here?

Regular Visitor

Many people can't view the videos on myxfinity homepage yet there isn't an issue or solution here?

I've been trying to resolve this issue of video links from the "my.xfinity" homepage not playing on my MacBook using Safari for about two months and still tthe issue persists yet there doesn't seem to be a need to list this as a problem on the support page. I have gone through a number of proposed resolution from the forum discussions to no avail. My last attempt was to stop using Safari (MacOS Sierra version 10.12.3) and download Firefox to use instead. That worked for about three weeks and then the same thing happened on the homepage using Firefox, the "Today in Video" page begins loading and get locked up trying to load the video selection icons and won't play anything that I select. 

By the way, I've already uninstalled Firefox because it was eating up my battery life.

Regular Visitor

Re: Many people can't view the videos on myxfinity homepage yet there isn't an issue or solution her

I wondered have you ever found a solution to this homepage video problem? I have been working on the same issues and sounds like I tried the same forum solutions with the same lack of results. Frankly I gave up using it some time ago but my wife likes it, when it worked, so I periodically check to see if comcast has fixed it, as it appears to all relate back to their site no matter which web bouser I use. Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Many people can't view the videos on myxfinity homepage yet there isn't an issue or solution her

Hi rwill51, 

Can you please verify the following:

What type of device are you using?

What is the operating system?

What is the exact error you are receiving? 

New Poster

I'm using a Mac laptop running High Sierra ver:10.13.2 . When I select a video from the homepage the page goes to the Xfinity top videos page with the one I selected on the screen ready to play. I click on the play symbolin the center of the screen and a broken blue circle starts to rotate like it's loading the video but it never stops loading. Ther isn't an error code displayed nor is there any message indicating there is a problem. It will continue to show that it is loading for as long as you want to sit there and watch it. I've stopped trying to watch.

Official Employee

Thanks ralgpp for confirming. I'd like to take a look at your account on the backend. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.