Community Forum

Log-In Loop. Why won't Comcast fix this?

New Poster

Log-In Loop. Why won't Comcast fix this?

Like a large number of the customers on this forum, when I'm logged into the My.Xfinity.Com dashboard and I click on the MyAccount link, I am redirected to the Log-In screen over and over again. This happens to me regardless of the browser or device I'm using. (I've tried three different browsers and three devices.) It also happens when I'm logged into the app and press the link to set up automatic payments. Because the auto-pay link directs to the website through the mobile browser, I'm kicked out to the "log-in" screen. 

I googled my problem and found out from reading the Comcast Tech Support forums that it has been happening for YEARS (one of the posts goes back to 2013). The list of "loop" issues on Google is astonishing.  This forum thread had a post that recommends sending an email to comcast so I tried it, only to receive an auto-response stating that Comcast no longer responds to customer service email inquiries and that we should use their website to submit requests. The website that thousands of us have been complaining since 2013 that we cannot access. Unreal.

I called customer service, only to have the rep tell me that the problem is with my computer. When I resisted this obviously inaccurate diagnosis, she told me that someone would call me for further troubleshooting within 72 hours. Not kidding.

Note, all I want in the universe right now is to set up autopay. I can't believe how difficult Comcast has made it for their customers to do basic things, and it's extremely frustrating to see their disregard for the impact on this issue on their customers.

This issue is happening on the heels of a disasterous installation process and 90 minutes on the phone with someone to try and get my internet working. Prior to reinstating my service with them two weeks ago, I'd had Comcast years ago. I remember them being awful at customer service and technical support, even back then. I guess some things never change.
Official Employee

Re: Log-In Loop. Why won't Comcast fix this?

Hi csldc, thank you for reaching out here on our forums and I would like to help troubleshoot this further.  Could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin?

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Log-In Loop. Why won't Comcast fix this?

Hi csldc,  I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!