Community Forum

Live chat issue

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Live chat issue

For over a year now, whenever I try to do a live chat session, the phone number field is missing on the screen. I normally use Chrome, but it also happens in Microsoft Edge.  I've tried deleting my cookies with no effect. 

This is very frustrating for me, because chat works better for me when I have issues to be resolved. Is there something that needs to be done? 

Official Employee

Re: Live chat issue

Hi, bpannell511. Thanks for posting. Do you have any security program installed on your computer? Have you tried to see if the chat feature works for you on another device?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Morgan,

I have Avast Free antivirus, but I've had that all along.  I have had the same issue on the other computer in the house, also.

Official Employee

Thanks for confirming that information! When I try to duplicate this concern on my end, it does not ask me to enter in a phone number. After it asks you to "Select a topic", does it ask you to "Sign in" / "Continue as a quest"? If so, when you choose "Sign In", does it automatically log you in, or is that the point when it asks you for a phone number? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!