Community Forum

Issue combining accounts

Highlighted
New Poster

Issue combining accounts

Having an issue with guidance posted here:
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/switching-between-multiple-accounts
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Official Employee

Re: Combine accounts in different states

Hi @ericvw01

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. I know first hand how much easier this would be. Unfortunately, you are no longer able to link multiple accounts. You will have to have separate login info for each account. If it makes it easier, for my two accounts, I've had to use the primary Comcast email address for each account as the username, and have very similar but different passwords so I don't forget which one to use. I apologize for the inconvenience but hope this recommendation helps you as I did me. Please let us know if there is anything more I can help with. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@ComcastChe wrote: ... Unfortunately, you are no longer able to link multiple accounts. ...

Why then does the Support Article still say it can be done?

Official Employee

@BruceW, I understand the article says this, but internally from our standpoint, troubleshooting wise, we can no longer make those changes. I have no problem contacting some of my peers in the advanced tech, and engineering department to double-check and make sure, but to my understanding, it's recommended that each account is accessed with separate email addresses. 

It wasn't very often, but not too long ago, I do recall working in advanced repair and running into a situation like this where the customer reported seeing information from one account which should have been for their second account. I am not saying this is the exact reason we can no longer do this, but if so, I could see the reasoning behind it no longer being able to work that way. We all know the headaches that could cause for our customers. I hope this makes sense. 

Since this is not one published on the forums, I'll get with @ComcastJessie to see what we can do about having the article updated. Thanks. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Gold Problem Solver

@ComcastChe wrote: ... I'll get with @ComcastJessie to see what we can do about having the article updated. ...

Thank you. All was suggesting was that, if a Support Article is inaccurate, it should be corrected. And if it no longer applies at all, it should be deleted.

Official Employee

I totally understand. I agree and want the same. Even if I am mistaken. I'll be sure to update this once I hear something back. Thanks, @BruceW Smiley Happy

Official Employee

UPDATE:

@BruceW, @ericvw01 and others who may be requesting the same thing, I was able to confirm this is no longer an active feature. Because this is no longer something we can do, we have submitted a request to have this article removed. We apologize for any confusion that may have been caused but do appreciate you posting your question so we could make the necessary changes on our end. I hope this helps.