Community Forum

I'm banned?

Contributor

I'm banned?

One of my e-mail identities has been "banned" from using the forums. I have never been advised of it I found out when I tried to use it. Who knows when and why I was banned.

Captain Obvious please do not reply with "... you must have posted something bla bla..."

I'm aware of that I'm just curious what offended whom?

McM

Expert

Re: I'm banned?

@Sicnarf1021 wrote:

One of my e-mail identities has been "banned" from using the forums. I have never been advised of it I found out when I tried to use it. Who knows when and why I was banned.

Captain Obvious please do not reply with "... you must have posted something bla bla..."

I'm aware of that I'm just curious what offended whom?

McM

I believe the current forum operation may have been updated in the last year or so to only allow one person from house-hold (contracted customer) to join the forum. Anyone could still monitor the forum. The computer program most likely checks for more than one forum I.D. Banned forum members from the past would just open a new forum name, and continue to harass others. Some like yourself might have had more than one forum name without causing any problems, but the program catches the "Bad Apples" by locking out any customer on forum who was banned. Forum Administrator may be allowed to re-instate someone, but no more additional forum ID's allowed.

The change might have been made about 3 years ago when badges, solved, and kudos were added. Anyone with more than one "alias" could defeat the system by using a new post, and the other "alias" to kudo the other, or mark the "alias" reply as solved. Comcast forum (employees or monitors) would not like that situation.