Community Forum

I can't access my account details and settings

New Poster

I can't access my account details and settings

I need some help. You see, I try to go to a page like View my Bill, or Account Settings, or even looking at my Account Status and this error message shows up: "A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are looking into the issue. Please try reloading the page or coming back later." Either that, or the 3 dots hangs after the page loads. I need some help ASAP! Thank you!
Contributor

Re: I can't access my account details and settings

You're not alone. It's a national outage that is affecting a lot of (but not all) accounts. See this thread here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity-Website/Can-t-log-in-both-laptop-and-My-Acc...
Official Employee

Hi, 18SEVERLY - @ashke516 provided the correct information. It's a known issue and we are working on the resolution. If you need any details regarding your bill - please let me know, 

Contributor

I don’t need details about my bill but I do want to change a setting on my account. Specifically, I’d like to turn off all of the usage notifications, in-browser, email and text - all of it. Is this something you’re somehow able to do on the back end while my account is unavailable to me directly?
Official Employee

Hi @evanstok

To manage what type of alerts and notifications you receive, follow the steps below:

1. Sign in to My Account.
  2. Click the Users tab at the top of the page.
  3. Select the user for which you'd like to update alerts and notifications preferences.
  4. Click Manage, which is located to the right of the Communications & Ad Preferencessection.
    Communications and Ad Preferences screen. Manage link on far right

5. Set your email and text preferences by toggling a notification type to ON or OFF. Your selection will be saved automatically. 

You can find more information plus the information shared above, here