Community Forum

How to efficiently delete over 1100 Private Messages from my account

Regular Contributor

How to efficiently delete over 1100 Private Messages from my account

Hi, is there an efficient quick way to thin out out PMs w/o having to open each one at a time to  "delete"?

Is there a limit?

Thank you

Official Employee

Re: How to efficiently delete over 250 Private Messages from my account

Hi @eecon1

That's a great suggestion, however, at this time, this is no way to sort them. You'd have to open each one individually. I'll share your interest with an option as such with my leadership. Thanks. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@ComcastChe wrote:

Hi @eecon1

That's a great suggestion, however, at this time, this is no way to sort them. You'd have to open each one individually. I'll share your interest with an option as such with my leadership. Thanks. 

Thanks Che ... I recounted and it's actually more than 1000 PMs ... wow.

Official Employee

Yikes. I can imagine. I have over 7k and have only been working on the forums for a little over 2 years now. Even for us as official employees, we have to view and sort them the same as our customers. I'm sorry, but hope we can make changes to make this a better experience in the future. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Re: How to efficiently delete Thousands of Private Messages our own accounts

@ComcastChe wrote:

Yikes. I can imagine. I have over 7k and have only been working on the forums for a little over 2 years now. Even for us as official employees, we have to view and sort them the same as our customers. I'm sorry, but hope we can make changes to make this a better experience in the future. 

Wow ... over 7,000 PMs.  I'm sure you folks will figure something out for yourselves and the other Forum members.

Official Employee

That's our goal, @eecon1

Expert

Once upon a time we had the ability to batch delete.  I've had this request for several years now.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@Again, Life would be so much easier with that, lol. 

Expert

@ComcastChe 

This was pointed out to me by CCCarole:  it's quite confusing for people reading in the forum help files when they see this.  Look at item #4.  It mentions an "Options" choice, only there isn't any on the PM Inbox page--------------------

Froums PM Deletion Question.jpg

Maybe that section should be modified to remove that item?  And maybe put in something about not having any way to delete large numbers of messages?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Thanks, Latoque! I'll go ahead and submit your feedback. 

Regular Contributor

Re: How to efficiently delete Thousands of Private Messages from our own accounts

@ComcastAlly wrote:

Thanks, Latoque! I'll go ahead and submit your feedback. 

@ComcastAlly , @ComcastChe .... as the OP, I wished to clarify as to whether there might be a "selective" bulk delete (rather than an all-or-nothing delete ) .

Thanks for taking note.

Official Employee

eecon1, thank you for bringing it to our attention! If you need any additional assistance or have more questions, please let us know. 

Expert

Hopefully we will know something by Monday.

@eecon1 That option that you mentioned, being able to be selective in which PM's are deleted, most likely will be an option since it had been an option several years ago.  Keep your fingers crossed.