Community Forum

How do I change my avatar?

Regular Contributor

How do I change my avatar?

Hi, not sure what forum is the right one for this question so I'm posting my query here

Can anyone tell me how to change my avatar here. For some reason its an elephant. While I think elephants are magnificent creatures I'd prefer to not have a picture of one as my avatar. I looked at the forum help but didn't see anything on how to change

thanks 

Problem Solver

Re: How do I change my avatar?

Up by the elephant avatar top of page > drop down menu > My settings > Avatar It use to be after so many posts you could upload your own avatar not sure if that still is the case.

Screen shot 2015-10-20 at 2.54.18 PM.png
Problem Solver

Also if you can upload pictures, click on your avatar > then lower right of page will show view images click that. Will show button to add images.

Regular Contributor

UHFandHD wrote:

Also if you can upload pictures, click on your avatar > then lower right of page will show view images click that. Will show button to add images.

Thanks for the assist. I'm not seeing anything Avatar related using the pull-down menu and selecting My Settings. In fact the screen shot you provided doesn't look like what I see. Maybe I haven't posted enough to be able to change my avatar.

Contributor

I have the same problem, but I am a monkey.  I'd rather be an elephant.  I do not see the avatar tab in my settings either.

Regular Contributor

bruizjr wrote:

I have the same problem, but I am a monkey.  I'd rather be an elephant.  I do not see the avatar tab in my settings either.

Kind of like the monkey. Maybe we can switch ;-)

Gold Problem Solver

FYI-

About 6 months ago there was an issue within the Lithium forums whereas a few Users could not change/create Avatars and the toolbar was missing some icons ( insert pic, emoticons, insert link ).   This was fixed back then but may have resurfaced.

If this continues, contact Comcast and explain your issue(s).

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Problem Solver

FYI

Thats been going on for years. Same happend in 2011 the op would not happen to be a macintosh user would they?

Regular Contributor

Yes, I'm usually on my iPad when visiting the forums but occasionally on my iPhone and very infrequently using an iMac. I've had other issues with Comcast compatiblity with Apple OS or iOS although they've improved significantly in recent years. 

Problem Solver

Try using the imac with firefox or seamonkey browser. If that does not work lithium will have to fix it on there side.

Regular Contributor

Safari is my preferred browser but I'll check into FireFox or seamonkey (not familiar with that one). Thanks for the advice. 

Expert

SeaMonkey is a Mozilla product and has been around for a long time.  It is a suite of utilities: internet browser, HTML editor, email client, ChatZilla IRC client, and others things.  In the past you, could "break out" the email portion using a link, but it's been a while since I last used it.   It's pretty much a continuation of Netscape 7.  It's a good Mozilla alternative to Firefox.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

I use both mac and PC and have the same problem on both platforms.  I think this is a Lithium issue.  I will always be a monkey.

Problem Solver

One of the forum administrators should be able to take care of this.  Try sending  ComcastZach

a private message

Regular Contributor

@UHFandHD

Thanks for the advice. Will give it a shot when I get  a chance

Frequent Visitor

What if there is no "avatar" option on my seetings page? It's just not there and I've looked everywhere (else) and there's no avatar option to be had. I'm stuck with a grill full of weenies!

squito

skeeto
Regular Visitor

There is no Avatar option anywhere. Stop marking these questions as "Resolved" just because you think it works for you. The link literally thinks it's on the Avatar tab but it's clearly not, as it does not exist. It is now January 9, 2018, and clearly this is still an issue. Using Windows 10 with Firefox Quantum. There literally is not an Avatar tab, button, link, etc. It's like you can't even change your avatar unless you hit some minimum post or something. See attached.

2018-01-09 09_02_54-My settings - Xfinity Help and Support Forums.png