Community Forum

Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can help.

New Poster

Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can help.

So, Comcast, I am looking to make a purchase to upgrade one of my services. When I go to the SHOP/UPGRADE button I get the following text on my screen:

Once I get a rep on the phone they tell me that I have no option other than to setup Netflix as it is included with my package or verbally cancel the free subscription to be able to access the other services available. I called a second time to validate that was really the only way for me to look at other products that Comcast offers. Think about that for a second, I "have no other option" Grant it this is not earth shattering but, I have a family of 5, I don't care that it is free with my package I am only interested in looking at optional upgrades. So, follow me through this. We need to gather together as a family to determine if anyone in the family wants to activate Netflix. Or, I can decide for all (not recommended) before I can look through your products and services.

How does that make sense?

Not being a lawyer, I can only hope that this is illegal in some way to force a customer to engage one of their partners and, this practice will be discontinued. At the very least this is a very bad business decision by someone at Comcast.

Now the fun part, seeing all the trolls come out with comments. I completely understand that “just activate or cancel Netflix” is an option. I personally think this is a bad practice, period.

Valued Contributor

Re: Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can help.

I resent being called a troll.  If you expect respectful comments, be courteous.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Official Employee

Re: Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can help.

Hi 4n6PI,  I would like to review this further for you.  Please send me a private message with your full name to assist.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

@jav6joev wrote:

I resent being called a troll.  If you expect respectful comments, be courteous.

My apologies, I wasn't expecting any discussion or proper comments around the subject. There is actually no discusion to have! Comcast was very clear you have to call in and, either accept and setup Netflix or, cancel it.  This was just a statement (I personally) felt needed to be said.

New Poster

@ComcastPhill wrote:

Hi 4n6PI,  I would like to review this further for you.  Please send me a private message with your full name to assist.

Thank you 

Hi And thank you but, unless you can make the SHOP?UPGRADE button available there is nothing to review. I called in as I stated above twice please review the notes from each call.

Regular Visitor

Activating Netflix won’t fix the problem.   Mine is activated and I still get the error message.  I don’t know if canceling Netflix will fix the problem.   Many customers have the same problem. 

I assume the problem is a technical glitch on the Comcast side caused by how the Netflix promotion was set up. Based on the many unresolved complaints in the forums, the CSRs (respectfully) cannot fix it.  Someone higher up at Comcast will have to provide a directive and resources to find the problem and fix it. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @Up2L8

Thank you for posting to the Community Forum. This is an issue that we are investigating. This has been reported as happening when customers try to view or modify changes to their services. Until we are able to get this resolved, we'd be more than happy to review and discuss the options that are available to you. 

In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Thank you for responding.  I have had this problem since I switched to Comcast last summer.  It is the same error message and error page URL that many other customers have referenced.  I’ve called Comcast 3 times over the past 6 months, had a ticket opened with a Level 3 Tech after speaking with him for over an hour ...never heard any resolution on the ticket, and the problem persists. 

I understand that I can call into Customer Service and they can read me my bill, explain my plan, tell me about other plans, and help me order equipment over the phone.  I’ve already switched back to paper billing so at least I can see my charges monthly.  

I will consider contacting you on private messaging,  but honestly, until Comcast IT does a Root Cause Analysis and identifies the problem with a solution,  it really doesn’t make sense to spend more individual time, either on the Customer’s part or for the CSRs.  And I mean that in a nice way.  Telling folks that Comcast is aware of the problem and is working on a solution, is much better than having hundreds of customers and CSRs spending countless hours on something that needs an underlying technical fix, whether it’s with customer account configurations, Comcast’s e-commerce site code with respect to Netflix accounts, or a problem with federation to, or integration with, Netflix’s e-commerce site (which is my current guess as to where the problem lies).   For whatever it’s worth, I would ask the team that launched the Netflix promotion to go back and look at how that integration is working (or not working) on a functional level with user accounts.  . 

Thank you. 

Official Employee

You're welcome. We hope to have a resolution soon, but there is currently no ETA. If you do consider taking me up on my offer for assistance, feel free to do so. I'd be more than happy to help and will also pass your feedback to my leadership. 

Regular Visitor

Additional information Re: ‘Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer.’

These are the urls giving problems ...other areas of the website seem to ok now ...I can see my billing detail, could not before ...

Error page (redirected to):

https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/message/DFPLN3001

URLs generating redirect ...all seem to have ‘plan’ or ‘myplan’ In the address ....these are examples, may be more ....

http://www.xfinity.com/myplan

https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/ .......  

https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/gbboffers

https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/addon/equipment

https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/offersfilter?upgrade=true

New Poster

Re: Additional information Re: ‘Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer.’

@ComcastChe I am having the same issue. Can I PM you?
Official Employee

@missy0483

Sure, please do.

@Up2L8, I'll be sure to add this to the information you provided in the private message, thank you! 

Valued Contributor

@ComcastChe, are you going to share with the forum community your findings?

Joe V
Official Employee

Hi @jav6joev

Thanks fo reaching out. I'm not sure if you saw it or not, but I did report the cause of the issue yesterday in the post at 10:03 PM. Unfortunately, this is not something I can resolve, but I can review and discuss the offers that are available to each of you. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @ComcastChe, for your help.  I didn't realize it was help for offers the others were looking for and you were providing assistance privately.  When I get the error message, I'm just trying to click on Add/Manage Premium Channels to look at my Premium Channel access list, not actually add anything.

Joe V
Official Employee

You're welcome @jav6joev. In your situation, it would be the same. Due to the error you receive while attempting to review or modify the package you have, you would need to call in or we can assist you by providing pricing and details for the changes you want, here through private messages. If you'd like more assistance, feel free to message me. 

Regular Visitor

This has been an ongoing problem with comcast for months and they do nothing to solve the netflix error. They are a billion dollar corporation and cant spend a money to fix it. They probably have a solution but are looking for a way to charge you a fee to make changes to your account online. What a joke. The fees on my bill have gone up twice since Ive noticed the netflix error, too bad the website doesnt give them an error when they charge us more.

New Poster

Hello @ComcastChe I am having the same issue, I've spent 2 hours with different reps troubleshooting they told me that it would be fixed 4 hours after they ended the call.  4 hours later I received an email stating that my requested changes had been applied, however I still get the error message when I click the Shop/Upgrade or Manage on the services page.  I can't seem to find a "message" button on your profile but maybe I need to post in the forum first?

Official Employee

Hi @EricR2

I've replied to your private message. Please reply at your earliest convenience and I'd be happy to continue assisting you.We are aware of the issue but don't have an ETA of a resolution.

This thread will now be closed. For those of you who need assistance modifying your packages, please create a new thread asking for assistance and we can go from there. Sorry for the inconvenience.