Community Forum

Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account

Frequent Visitor

Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account

Ever since I monved, I've been trying to fix this problem on and off for 5 months now. Today I went online with Comcast chat support. While at first the support rep assured me he could fix the problem today, after 20 minutes he ended up giving me a phone number for Customer Security Assurance department at 1-888-565-4329. I didn't understand what Security Assurance had to do with my problem but I called. Stymied but no options even close to what I needed, I just pressed anything to do with email at all. The rep I spoke to there seemed to understand the problem and said he would fix it. After spending another 20 minutes on this call, it was disconnected. I was hoping that the rep would continue the fix but I've checked my account and the problem is not fixed.

Synopsis: I want to add my personal email address to my Comcast account and make it my preferred address. Somewhere in an alternate account name, or a previous account or something, it already exists? I need to get rid of that and add my preferred email to my current account and login. I really don't want to spend any more time on the phone about this. Is any official Comcast help out there? Please help!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account

A few days later, and now my account finally accepts my gmail address. Not sure who fixed this, but thanks!