Community Forum

EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUM POSTS THAT ARE 1-7 YEARS OLD

Most Valued Poster

EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUM POSTS THAT ARE 1-7 YEARS OLD

I had a hard time deciding what forum this belongs in . This issue came up a couple of years ago with no resolution but its back with a vengeance.  I tried to post this on an existing topic about same issue but it won't let me reply. 

On the evening of 2/26/18 and overnight it appears that notification for every forum post in my subscribed topics has appeared in my email inbox and I am talking about over one hundred messages....REALLY? Some are new but 99% of them are ancient from 2013 forward . Topics include DVR, surround sound, volume drop, photo app,  streaming app recording, on screen icons and so on and so forth.  What in the world happened?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FOR FORUM POSTS THAT ARE 1-7 YEARS OLD

I'd guess it's an artifact of the post archive project:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Customer-Service-Board-Archival/m-p/3047467#M147373

I'd also guess if you unsubscribed to the threads, the emails might stop.  If you have to do that one thread at a time, that'd be a pain!

Most Valued Poster

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

I'd guess it's an artifact of the post archive project:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Customer-Service-Board-Archival/m-p/3047467#M147373

I'd also guess if you unsubscribed to the threads, the emails might stop.  If you have to do that one thread at a time, that'd be a pain!

Thank you so much BUT how in the world would/could I have seen that cleanup topic?   I don't want to remove my subscribed topics for obvious  reasons and like I said...how would I ever have known they were cleaning up?

Bronze Problem Solver

There's a similar post stickied in most, if not all, of the catagories by now, but there's nothing on the home page.  I agree, if you just look through the new posts (as I generally do), you'd never see it.

Most Valued Poster

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

There's a similar post stickied in most, if not all, of the catagories by now, but there's nothing on the home page.  I agree, if you just look through the new posts (as I generally do), you'd never see it.

I haven't even noticed a sticky but it should be at top of every single topic page and of course the home page most of all.  I admire that you look thru all new posts. I only look at posts for subjects I have had experience with and thats almost a full time job these days...lol. 

Edit...looked around a few topics and did see the cleanup post BUT its at the top of the topic and I never go back that far. I keep up with the new posts but would never think to go up dozens of pages to look for sticky.