Community Forum

Changing the Primary User On My Account

New Poster

Changing the Primary User On My Account

I want to change the primary user on my account. However, I have had no success. I have tried the step by step instructions. And options that are supposed to be available are not.  I have tried calling and get nothing. 

Can someone please help me get the primary user on my account changed? 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Changing the Primary User On My Account

You would think this is super easy to fix, but I don't think anybody is manning this ship or knows what they're doing.  I need the same, and have been ignored for over 3 years about this.  SMH

Official Employee

Hi ReneeBurreson. We appreciate you visiting and posting on our Forums. I can assist with getting your user status changed. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Same problem...  Xfinity guidance says that an option should be available under primary user to transfer primary user,  but it is nowhere to be seen

Official Employee

Hi @hilltopx

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I can help. Are you attempting to transfer ownership of your account/billing, or are you trying to transfer your primary email address? 

If attempting to transfer ownership of your account, have you tried to follow the steps provided here, Changing Ownership of a Comcast Account? If so and you are still having issues, you would need to visit your local Comcast Retail Location and we can get it done for you there. Unfortunately, this is not a process we can complete here on the Forums. I hope this helps. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Just trying to change the Primary role from current email address to another one. Both are in my household

Official Employee

Oh, ok. Easy @hilltopx. I can help with that. Shoot me a private message with the following:  

• First and last name, 
  • The primary email address, 
  • The secondary email address that you would like to make the new primary user. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.  

Regular Visitor

I'm having this exact same issue too.

I'm the primary user but it always says I'm a secondary user.

New Poster

I'm getting pretty annoyed too as I'm being told to do what I've already done and nothing.

New Poster

Hi I am having the same problem and have been unable to send you a private message through the forum - i did first manage to find the private message button but then the message box wouldn't let me type and now the "send private message" button doesn't appear on your profile at all.

I likewise need to change the primary user on my account from me to someone else

Expert

@dk25 wrote:

Hi I am having the same problem and have been unable to send you a private message through the forum - i did first manage to find the private message button but then the message box wouldn't let me type and now the "send private message" button doesn't appear on your profile at all.

I likewise need to change the primary user on my account from me to someone else

The sending of unrequested PM's is against Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our PM policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.