Community Forum

Cannot create new account because and old account is using email/phone number

New Poster

Cannot create new account because and old account is using email/phone number

I recently opened up a new Xfinity account under a new account number from the previous one. The technician that helped me install the service assigned me a login and password, that apparently is only temporary because now when I login with that information it prompts me to enter a non-comcast email and phone number. However, both my email and number are linked to an old Xfinity account and will not let me create the new account with my information. I really don't want a late fee just because I couldn't login to my account Smiley Sad

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Official Employee

Re: Cannot create new account because and old account is using email/phone number

Hi there, Mvanover. I can look into your username. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!