Community Forum

Cannot 'Manage my plan'?

Highlighted
New Poster

Cannot 'Manage my plan'?

When I click manage my plan it says this:

"We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order.

Please call us at 1-877-680-7173 and we can help."

I want to look at possibly upgrading my internet to gigabit internet. Why do I have to get on the phone with someone and explain everything? 

Official Employee

Re: Cannot 'Manage my plan'?

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and  full service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

New Poster

I'm concerned that literally no one can manage their own plan without a phone call. When I hover over the link to "Manage Plan" it is for the url "https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/contact-us" meaning there is no error. There is no intention for me to be able to view plans on my own. It is a direct link to the contact number. Comcast/Xfinity is toxic and I am so unfortunate that they are the only service available to me. 

Official Employee

Hello cgeog. We're sorry you feel that way and we apologize for the inconvenience. This is a known issue that we are working to address. We currently do not have an ETR on the shopping section of our website. In the meantime, I can offer you customer support with going over the service offers that are available to your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Expert

See: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity-Website/Can-t-manage-your-account-online-Get...

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Visitor

Is there an ETA for when this will be resolved?

I am interested in upgrading my plan but cannot see any plan information online. I'm in a support chat but the CSR is either unwilling or unable to give me a list of available upgrades and I am not interested in doing this by phone.

New Poster

Why can I not manage my plan online? I dont need some rep to tell me to call or message me them directly. I need this feature to work. Check the message boards, it hasn't worked in over a year. It's just a sham to get you to call so they can try and pitch you so you dont cancel or downgrade without them talking to you 1st. I'm sure some rep will answer this post back and say to contact them directly for help. How about you answer this post with a real answer on when it will work and don't just say you're waiting on new upgrades.
New Poster

I spent close to an hour in a service chat last night about this issue.  The person could not fix the issue or even tell me that it is not possible to do that on-line.  Instead he says he would bump it up to higher support and took my phone number.  Around 1:00 PM, someone from Comcast calls my cell phone (not the number that I provided in the chat) and leaves a message stating that a ticket had been open for me but they did not provide any details on the problem/issue.  If I was still having the issue I could call 1-800-XFINITY.  Another shinning example of Xfinity support.
You know if you cannot do something on your web site, your site should not look/act like it is a feature of the site.  You can disable/hide the button or put some informational text on the screen that says you have to call some number to make changes.

New Poster

I keep getting the same messge and was told that it was netflix issue. 

New Poster

Same. Nobody wants comcast. They're just the only opinion in the area right now, and they are absolutely horrible. 

Frequent Visitor

I was not only told it was an actual error, but after hours on the phone. I was told to go down to the service center. When I got here and had them look up the ticket number Customer Service created. They then told me that those things don't work. I was like "So I have called customer service 5 times, been moved up the tiers, had a ticket made, told to go to this service center (45 min drive) only for you to tell me that the links aren't there for existing customers or new customers".

Admin1

Hi Obsidian22 -- The links that are there for managing your plan are legitimate links. We have had a known issue with the links and are actively working to have this issue resolved. 

Frequent Visitor

Hi Obsidian22 -- The links that are there for managing your plan are legitimate links. We have had a known issue with the links and are actively working to have this issue resolved. 

Legitimate links would mean that they have worked. Having 6+ links, some in multiple pages, down and redirecting people to pages that make them think something is wrong with their account doesn't count. Also if they are a known issue then why doesn't the HR/Tech people know about it. If the redirected page simply stated something along the lines of "Unfortunately this isn't available right now. To make a change please Call, Chat or Visit us at one of our Service Centers" a lot of headaches would be adverted. Instead it's been almost a year and we're still getting sent to a contact or error page...
Comcast Error.jpg

Admin1

Obsidian22 -- The links are legitimate as they do work. The issue we've run into is that some customers haven't been able to use them. Just because they haven't been working for you does not mean they aren't legitimate. We are aware that some customer have had issues with these links. We are actively working to correct this for any affected account. 

Regular Visitor

I have had continuous issues with not being able to "manage my plan" and receive messages to the effect of "Hi...you're a Netflix customer...please call 1-800-Xfinity for help" I have spent more than 40 hours on the phone with tech support between 6/22/18 and 7/9/18 and have had no fewer than 12 tickets opened and escalated.  Each time I am told someone would contact me to resolve issue...each time no one calls.  I am told that I can call to check on the status of a specific ticket number...each time I call, I am told that the ticket was closed and a new one is opened.  With each call, I am either told that this is not a known probelm or I am given a new explanation as to the reason for not being able to "manage my plan.  I no longer have the patience to call...and the issue is still not resolved.