Community Forum

Cannot Access My Account Details or Bill

New Poster

Cannot Access My Account Details or Bill

I recently transferred service to a new address about 2 weeks ago, and ever since then, I cannot access my account details or bill on the xfinity website. I am definitely using the right password because if I try to use a wrong one, it says it's wrong and won't let me proceed. When I enter the correct password, it brings me a screen with 3 dots that sit there forever, OR it will give me the message "Sorry. A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are looking into the issue. Please try reloading the page or coming back later."

When I try it on the mobile app, it instead gives me this message: 

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 1.58.18 AM.png

I have tried numerous devices, operating systems and browsers. I have called Xfinity support at least 3 times and have visited the nearby Xfinity store twice now and waited 30 minutes each time. Every single Xfinity employee has been unable to assist and seems to want to dismiss the issue as being due to some server being down. 

I have seen previous responses by Comcast employees on these forums that seem to indicate this issue happens sometimes when moving service. I need help please.

New Poster

Re: Cannot Access My Account Details or Bill

Having the same issue today!!!!!!!!!!!! Was on chat but couldn't help. Now I have to call to pay bill. 

Gold Problem Solver

@JRD77 wrote: ... new address ... cannot access my account details or bill ...

They may have assigned a new Primary UserID and neglected to transfer the IDs from your previous address. Double check your UserIDs on your home system with the Lookup tool at https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup. After you enter the requested information you'll see a list of the UserIDs on your account and an indication of which one is Primary. Be aware that the Primary UserID online doesn't always correspond with a name on your billing statement.

If the ID you are using is not listed, you'll need to log in with the Primary ID. If you need help with that, need to have your existing IDs transferred, or if your ID is Primary but you still don't have access, contact one of their reps at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them at https://support.xfinity.com/chat and have them fix the problem.

Official Employee

Hello, JRD77 and 123kim. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear of the issues you are having logging into your accounts. I would like to look into this. Can you please send me a PM with your first/last name and user ids you use to log in with so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am having the same issue. Have called phone support numerous times and they are unable to fix. Seems like issue is happening with many accounts since systems switch last month.

Official Employee

Hello, antonyj11. Thanks for reaching out on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having the same issues. Can you please send me a PM with your first/last name and the user id you use to log into the account?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have had the same issue since i registered 4 months ago -- beyond frustrating - 4 phone calls to support - no help Smiley Sad