Community Forum

Can't login to my account

Contributor

Can't login to my account

I can see my emails but when I try to login to my account to see my bill. It doesn't load and returns me to the page where I need to enter the password. It gives no error messages. It's like the page is not there to load.

New Poster

Re: Can't login to my account

same how can i company as big as comcast not know this has been an issue for over 1 day

New Poster

It's not just you.  I've been having this issue since 1/9/19 at approximately 3PM EST.  I did a round with Customer Service via Chat, who seemed more interested in sending a reset signal to my modem at home for some reason despite not having an outage at the time.   I was escallated to second level, who didn't bother to read the notes that I needed to be contacted by email since my phone was VoiP.   Near as I can tell, it's a redirect failure on Xfinity's end.  I've tested three different browsers across four computers on two entirely different networks.   If it's not resolved by tomorrow, I'll probably take a xanax before trying to get a CSR on the phone again.

Highlighted
New Poster

Same here! I called customer service today and we did everything after I already did all the same things on my own... Three different browsers (Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome....) cleared caches... tried to access on my pc, phone and tablet... nothing is wrong with my account... can see my email and that's it... can not see my bill or anything else because it keeps asking me to sign in over and over. Really frustrating. I am supposed to get a phone call someday about it but I give up. Apparently, this is not a new issue as I saw posts from back in 2012 and 2014 regarding this same problem. I will just pay my bill in person and had him switch me back to paper billing.  Very inconvenient but at least the CSR did try everything he knew how to do on his end. Hopefully, they will fix this soon. 

New Poster

I found the My Account app for my iPhone works and was able to download bills there and forward PDFs to myself/pay the bill maybe try that too?

New Poster

same as above post i will just use the app on my phone tech support called me yesterday gave me a $3.86 credit i was like ok but the app works i hate turning on my pc anyway

Frequent Visitor

same can check email but can't click my account/billing or it just keeps redirecting to login page loop

Official Employee

Hello All, thanks for reaching out about this Account login/email concern! I am showing this is a known issue where customers will experience a login loop when attempting to access http://Xfinity.com, My Account, and Xfinity Connect. Customers may also receive this error when attempting to send an email. We are working to get this resolved as soon as possible on our end. I truly apologize about inconvenience or frustration this is causing. I will reach back out on this thread when this has been corrected. We appreciate your patience and thank you!  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks, @ComcastAmira. This glitch in the login process has become widespread and we were waiting for some type of official announcement from Comcast that you were aware of the problem and were working on a solution to fixing it. Hopefully, it won't take a long time to fix the issue.

Please keep us updated on the progress and let us know when the problem has been repaired.

New Poster

I have been trying to sign in to my account and keep getting returned to the sign in screen, too! Comcast seems to be deliberately preventing people from accessing their account. I tried calling, went round and round on the automated monstrosity, then got hung up on when I finally got a live person! How does a company do business this way?

Contributor

Did you even other to read the post above? I guess you didn't since you posted without reading the official comcast posted response.

New Poster

It would be nice if Comcast could let their customer service agents know what is going on.  I called twice yesterday about the login issue and both agents seemed clueless. about the issue when I explained what was going on.  One wanted me to change my password and I had to explain for the 3rd time that my password was correct and that it seemed to let me into my email before looping me back to the enter my password page. 

New Poster

ComcastAmira, you acknowledged the login loop issue back on 1/18 and as of today (4 days later) users (including myself) are still experiencing this login issue. Why is this problem taking so long to fix? Comcast remains the worst customer experience and support organization on the planet.

New Poster

My account was fixed today after having this issue for 5 days. I chatted with support via chat and they created a new username for me and sent me an activation link to a 2nd email address (has to be a different email address than the email address used on the old username/account). Once activated I then had to click "forgot password" when signing in to the new username and was sent another link via email to create a new password for the account. Once logged in everything is working as it should and all is well.

Apparently the issue was that my old account/username that kept having the login loop issue was attached to an old deactivated address I use to live at which is why they had to create a new username for me under my current address (I've lived at my current address for almost 2 years now and there was never an issue until 5-6 days ago).  

New Poster

Had this issue sice the 14th can't login to my account via the website or the xfinity my account app. Are there any updates for this issue?
Official Employee

Hello All, I apologize about the delay, I was actually off for the last few days. This is still a known ongoing issue that we are trying to resolve. Since one user stated they were able to get this corrected, I would be more than happy to attempt fixing it on my end. Please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

How long does your tech team to fix this?

the issue is with this network call

https://customer.xfinity.com/apis?hs=false&stbDetails=false is failing with 401 Unauthorized with this json error

{"status":401,"body":{"code":"SH401.56.19","message":"Invalid token, access is denied","requestId":"6deb6d88-a8c9-3374-e961-a0321750ba40","retriable":false,"cspSource":false}}

if you show us your buggy source code, we can fix it for you freely... 

Official Employee

We do not have a timeframe on exactly when this will be fixed, but we are working to resolve it as soon as possible. Thank you! 

Contributor

I sent a PM to a few Comcast employees here on the forums and they were able to fix my login problems. I would suggest that everyone do the same. I sent a PM to ComcastShane and ComcastAmira.

Thanks for fixing the login to my account. It's appreciated.

Official Employee

@tempest42, I am happy to hear everything is working again on your end, thanks for letting us know! Please be sure to reach out for any future issues or concerns. Enjoy the rest of your day. 

Contributor

Thanks again and you're very welcome.

New Poster

I know my account number and everything. But can't access my email.
Official Employee

BigBoy1111, thank you for reaching out here on the forums. 

We are aware of the ongoing email issues and we are working to get this resolved as fast as possible. We can update this thread here once we have an update.  

Contributor

Official Employee

@ProClicker, thanks for sharing and I'm very happy I was able to get it fixed on your end! Please be sure to reach out for any future issues or concerns. Thank you!  

Official Employee

Hello All! I am showing the issue has been resolved on the backend, and customers should no longer be running into this when logging in. Please send me a Private Message as stated before, if you are still experiencing this on your end. Thank you all for hanging in there with us and we truly appreciated your patience with this. Once again we apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused. 

New Poster

Ive had the same problem for the past 2 weeks, as of today I can confirm I'm able to log in and reach my account.

Regular Visitor

Hi   @ComcastAmira  I am stuck in an infinite login loop.  I enter my user name and password, then it just keeps asking for my password over and over.  Can you help?  I also don't see any ability to private message you from your profile page.  Thanks.

Official Employee

@Envee_, I am delighted to hear this and thanks so much for providing this update. Please be sure to reach out for any future issues or concerns. Thank you! 

@Dan456, thanks for reaching out and I can further assist you with this login issue! I have responded to your private message if you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience. 

Official Employee

@Dan456, I'm happy I was able to assist you with getting this corrected! Please be sure to reach out for any future issues or concerns. Thank you! 

New Poster

Why do I constantly get an error message when trying to login to Xfinity stream or the Xfinity website?

Official Employee

Hello @hayjake, thanks for reaching out and I can assist you with this error you are receiving when trying to login to these Xfinity websites! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side. 

New Poster

Holla at 

Official Employee

Hello everyone, this login loop is no longer reporting as an issue and some of you, I have not heard back from in a while. Therefore, I will be locking this thread. If you are still experiencing this login loop issue, please send me a private message. If you need assistance with any new issues or concerns, please create a new Public post. Thank you and we truly appreciate you all continuing to be the best part of Comcast.