Community Forum

Can't log in -- both laptop and My Account app

Regular Visitor

Re: Can't log in -- both laptop and My Account app

I'm having the same issue - I haven't been able to access "My Account" for almost a month now, and I've spent several hours during this time on the phone with various representatives. I was even given a ticket number for "Advanced Technical Issues" but it appears the ticket has since been closed while the issue hasn't been resolved. I am able to see my plan information when I click "Shop/Upgrade" and am able to get into my Xfinity email, it is just "View my Bill" and "Manage my Account" that aren't working. Please Let me know what other avenues I can take to resolve the problem - I understand that these issues can take time to pinpoint and resolve, but I think we all wish we had an ongoing correspondence with a representative rather than having to dial the general help number, and re-explain my problem every few days. Thanks! Thanks!
Contributor

They do have a fix now, but they will probably have to put in another ticket for you. Once I got a ticket in and once they finally realized it was a bigger problem than a few people, it took over a week to fix. @ComcastChe was the first to let us know that it was a nationwide issue. They may have to fix accounts individually, so definitely try to get another ticket put in or contact a mod on here directly. I hope all the new posts popping up get fixed soon!
Highlighted
Official Employee

If you are still having issues, please send me a private message with your first and last name as it appears on your bill and the phone number or account number associated with your services and I can take a deeper look into this.  If I don't reply right away, I will reach out when I get back in the office. My working hours are Sunday-Thursday's 2:30-11 PM MST. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.  

New Poster

Hi @ComcastChe, I can't seem to find the PM message for your account on your page. If you could open a communication dialogue with me that would be great, as I am having the same issue logging into my account and viewing my bill (for both web and mobile) and it is due July 19th. Please get in touch.
Regular Visitor

@ComcastChe I am also having the same issue and I am unable to private message you. Please open up communication with me as soon as you can. Thank you.

Edit: I was able to message after posting my first forum post. Private message sent.
Frequent Visitor

FYI, if you just use an xfinitywifi hotspot and not in-home service, they'll force you to call a number, and then you won't get any help from that call either.  So no point in asking for help here I guess, if that's your situation.

Regular Visitor

Having the same problem here. Just registered as a new customer, and I can’t even view the appointment for my internet installation.
Regular Visitor

I cannot find a button to send a private message to you.
Regular Visitor

@ComcastChe I am having the same issue. Went to private message you but there is no private message button on your profile
New Poster

Hi there! I am having the same issue, if I could get some help that would be awesome!!!

Regular Visitor

I signed up fo this service on June 25th I have not been happy with you web site I have tried on my I pad and 3 diffrent servers to get into my account and billing, all I get is a circle and 3 dots nothing happens after that. please help. 

Frequent Visitor

Hi I too am having the same issue. I am a new customer - 1 month now and havent been to get in to my account or stream - leaving me with no TV in 2 of my rooms.

Whenever I log into "my account" I get the 3 dots.   I also cant in via the app on iOS either.

Also I cannot stream to a PC (Win10, Chrome) or  to iOS (iPad nor iPone) - with iOS app I get the error message "Back Office  Provision Error".

I do not know my account number (I cant get into to review it) and when ComcastChe I look at your profile I cant see a PM link. Please let me know what I can do - I am so fruststed - many thanks.

Regular Visitor

@AndyPW,

I think we're having the same problem, and this won't fix it but it should get you your account number.  When the My Account page is loading, click on "Shop/Upgrade" then "View All Offers" then "Back to My Plan" and you'll be able to see your account information if that works.  That works for me, but I still can't access the "My Account" portal.

New Poster

I have the logged in but can’t access account details error and would like to get into my account tried multiple platforms
New Poster

Did you figure out how to private message?

Frequent Visitor

@wmkelle

Yeah that worked - many thanks - I now have my account number .

Frequent Visitor

@alexnugent51

Seems the following is in place - Comcast customer support reps feel that we are unworthy of their attention ... just makes me want to go back to AT&T  more than ever 

Due to the influx of unsolicited private messages to our Official Employees, private messaging has been disabled for new forum users. 

Although we understand our customer's desire to have their issue addressed as quickly as possible, by sending unsolicited private messages to our Official Employees, you are inadvertently violating our forum guidelines. Since the forum is designed as a primarily peer-to-peer based support tool, posting your questions publicly ensures that you get the best help possible and allows users who may have similar issues to benefit from that conversation. This is why private messaging has been disabled for users who have never made a public post.

You will notice that you will regain access to private messaging once you participate in the public forum more. Once that happens we request that you still post publicly and only send private messages to those users/employees that request that of you. 

Thanks in advance for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you in the community. 

Regular Visitor

I just set up a new account and I am having the same issue. Can't log in from any device through any browser
Contributor

I could see why they would do this for many different issues/concerns, HOWEVER, this is a known issue that is not going to resolve itself by posting on the forums and getting input from other posters. They know this. It's an identified issue that needs a fix on Comcast's end. It's ridiculous that you have to post a few times to get help. Those that are still having this problem can pay their bills over the phone - I HATE paying bills over the phone, but I have to admit it was really easy overall. I still pursued them fixing the lack of access to my account, posting on here, calling Xfinity, and on twitter. Took over a week for them to figure it out and fix it. The fact that there are people still posting that they don't have access to their accounts every day and they are not on top of it, instead they are still giving people the run-around?! Yeah. 

Official Employee

Hi @rsinger15

I've replied to your private message. 

Contributor

They need to hire more people for the forums... I swear, @ComcastChe is the only one that consistently repsonds and he obviously can't work every day. 

Frequent Visitor

If you're just a wifi on demand customer, they can't help you with this problem. But I figured out a workaround for us folks who just use an xfinitywifi pass.

Go to https://wifiondemand.xfinity.com/wod/selfservice/ and login through that.  Should be able to see and alter account and billing information.

Official Employee

Thanks for providing your work around @eballen! We appreciate that.  

New Poster

I am now having this issue as well I am having someone come set up internet this weekend but now can not get into my account and the customer chat portal and phone number are not working please help. 

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue with chrome browser. Can You help ? What info do u need?
Tags (1)
New Poster

I am unable to sign in to my account as well on both my laptop and the iphone app and it is getting very frustrating as it has happened since I signed up at the end of last month. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

Hi, I recently got Comcast services. But it is been two weeks and I still cannot sign in and view my bills.

Regular Visitor

Hi. I have the same issue. Recently created an account and unable to view my account for setting up bill payments.

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Just got service and can't access neither on any browser or Xfinity app on multiple devices. Says I'm logged in but can't access account details. @ComcastChe
Regular Visitor

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I haven't been able to access "My Account" for many weeks now. Could someone help me with this? Thanks.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Hi @Chocoyo

I can look into the issue you're having with the My Account App. Can you please verify your first and last name, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I can login but can't view anything, or even contact anyone at Comcast to get some guidance. 

New Poster

Chiming in with the same issue here as well. Started service last month and haven't been able to login since then.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Also cannot PM @ComcastChe, it seems they don't allow new users to PM easily.

New Poster

I am in the same boat as everyone else, new customer, just had my modem/cable installed, and I can't access my account or view my bill.  The mobile app, and the website via computer/browser yield the same results. I can log in, but attempting to load the "My Account" page results in a time out and then just fails to refresh indefinitely.

How the heck am I supposed to give you guys money for the service if I can't log in to verify my bill payment info?

New Poster

I am a new customer with this problem. I may have registered an xfinity account for the hotspot at my old address and now have internet service at my new address. I went into a store and they said it should work once I have my services set up. It didn't.

Frequent Visitor

This is the exact same problem I'm having. I just signed up for Comcast service yesterday and was told that once I have a username/password, I'd be able to access My Account and the "pre-installation" perks like XStream (I'm waiting for full installation).  It looks like I'm logged it, it's just that I can't access anything without these error messages:

"We are having some trouble connecting"

Or it'll say: "Sorry A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are looking into the issue. Please try reloading the page or coming back later. Reload"

New Poster

I can't login to my Xfinity account online or on the app. Everytime I try I get the same error message in the screenshot above, I can't online chat with anyone because it says I need to enter a valid account number, and when I try to call for support, I can never get to a person and the automated system thinks I just want to reset my username. Is this something that you can reset so I can access my account??

Regular Visitor

Sam here. I've called a couple times and been told to wait for a call from their technical support team that never comes. Additionally, the front line customer representatives have no idea what's going on. They asked me to reset my password when I explained several times that the issue is a different one. 

Regular Visitor

Having the same issues here.  Hopefully they fix it site wide.  Guess I'll have to wait to be able to pm ComcastChe.

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue. I've had xfinity service for over a month (quite literally the ONLY option with speeds > 3MB for my location) and I have NEVER been able to log in to my account, either from the desktop website, the mobile website, or the Android app. Plus, I can't get a web support chat to work because it won't let me sign in! AND I can't PM this @ComcastChe because I'm a new forum user. It certainly seems like xfinity is making it difficult to contact them ON PURPOSE and I would like a resolution ASAP.

New Poster

I'm having the same issues as everyone else in the thread, which is especially frustrating seeing as this has been a problem for at least a month based on the first posts in here. I just had my service started on Friday and wasn't able to sign-in to my account on the app like the service rep asked me to after the install (which he awkwardly told me was part of his job after I told him it wouldn't let me sign-in, and insisted it was the wrong password - which it wasn't, lol). Still unable to log in. Also unable to start a chat because there isn't an area in the chat form to enter my account number and the chat insists that I must enter one. With only two internet options in my area, and as such a major corporation, Comcast should be doing better. Anyone had any solutions with this yet?

Regular Visitor

Same issue here. I can use the quick bill pay function so my info is in their system. But My account page just doesn't work in my case.

New Poster

@ComcastChe Was very helpful and able to quickly resolve the login issues with my account with a couple simple PMs. 

In order to PM I had to post twice to this forum, after my first two comments I was able to send a PM. Hopefully this info is helpful to those of you unable to send a PM.

New Poster

i am having the exact same problem. i'm a new customer, cannot login to my account. I have called support twice, and they are useless, cannot figure it out.

Frequent Visitor

yeah the customer service people on the phone line are horrible - they will give an excuse or just try to sneak out of helping you.

The only people I have found that are trying to help at Comcast are @ComcastChe and @ComcastAmir.  150k+ employees only two employees seem to care about customer service there.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issues and can't get anyone on the phone to help.

I am a new customer and cannot log into My account. Anyone figure this out?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Yes I am having the same problem too. @ComcastAmir @ComcastChe

New Poster

I got on a phone call with comcast support last night. The lady was very nice, and did her best to help. Spent about an hour on the phone. She brought other people from her office into the conversation too. unfortunately she could not help. The proble is, that i had comcast a few years ago, and i just re-subscribed last week. she said that their computer system  messedup my account. instead of showing me as re-subscribed, it created another account, with the same account number and the same mailing address, and now their system is totally confused which is causing the login issue. They had to send it to "national support"... who knows if it will ever get fixed. if they don't fix it soon, i'll have to go back to verizon :-(  I hope you have better success than i do!!

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue too. I am new to the forums and the xfinity network.

Hopefully to find a way to PM you for my account issue.

--

Update: after posting this, I would be able to PM people.