Community Forum

Can't Manage Plan, Channels or Equipment online

Frequent Visitor

Can't Manage Plan, Channels or Equipment online

The Xfinity website does not allow me to manage my plan, my channels, or my equipment online and my bill keeps going up. I cannot edit or view the specifics of my plan so I cannot compare my current plan to other available plans/packages that may be cheaper or have different features. On this page: https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/myPlan there are two MANAGE PLAN links, a MANAGE CHANNELS link and a MANAGE EQUIPMENT link. They all bring me to a page titled SORRY (https://www.xfinity.com/error/buy/sorry?errorCode=DFPLN3002 or https://www.xfinity.com/error/buy/sorry?errorCode=plan-error) with one of following messages: 

• Want to make changes to your Xfinity plan? We can help. Just call 1-800-XFINITY.
  • We're sorry. Please call 1-800-Xfinity and one of our friendly and knowledgeable representatives can help.

Being brought to an error page that says I have to call Xfinity, defeats the purpose of using the website. Plus, I want to be able to see all options in front of me, not have them read to me over the phone.

There are tons of posts about this issue dating back years, even in this very forum, so it cannot be specific to my account or browser or computer. It appears that Xfinity has deliberately hobbled their website to prevent us from managing our plan online, because this can't be a 'glitch'.

I have a Triple Play package that came with:

• Digital Premier 260+ Channels
  • Blast!® Internet Download speeds up to 250 Mbps
  • XFINITY Voice Unlimited US & Int'l Calling

but I don't use/need the landline, I have a single TV and a small number of devices that connect to the internet, why is my bill steadily approaching $200?

Your website and customer service are severely lacking and I am considering switching to a different provider that just became available in my building.

I need my bill reduced or I may have to downgrade or even discontinue my service with Xfinity because I cannot afford these prices.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't Manage Plan, Channels or Equipment online

I have the same issue for years.  I feel it is a ploy for them to give you services and charges you don't need when there is absolutely no way for you to make a clear and informed choice!

<Edited>.  It makes no difference what computer you are on this link is purposely disabled by comcast.  <Edited>  It's a shame there are no other options in my area for TV or Internet (not even Verizon as an option for me)

Official Employee

Hi, 

The manage plans sections of the website is down for Maintenence. I am happy to help you all manage your plan and present all the options available to your account. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right-hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

So it's been down for maintenance for years.  Highly unlikely!  Been literally trying for 2 years to access that website feature.

Official Employee

Hi there, bear989us. 

You are correct. This is not maintenance. 

Some existing customers who attempt to Add services or upgrade service online at Xfinity.com will receive the message shown, directing them to contact Comcast support. This is by design and allows us to assist our customer with the numerous, unique options they may currently be available in this area. 

We appreciate your feedback. We will do our best to always strive to do the best for our customers. 

Thank you for posting to the forums. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!