Community Forum

Can No Longer Manage My Plan on Xfinity.com - Error Message instead

Frequent Visitor

Can No Longer Manage My Plan on Xfinity.com - Error Message instead

For what seems like almost 6-12 months now, I can not manage my plan online.  Instead of I receive the following error message:

We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order.

Please call us at 1-877-680-7173 and we can help.

At first I thought it was a glitch that would eventually get resovled, but it's never gone away and I need to figure out how to get this removed, or my account updated somehow, so I can go back to managing my account online.  I did make one call to a representative in the past and asked about this message, but they had no idea how to fix it, and said it will probably just go away in time, but it hasn't.

Screenshot (3).png
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Can No Longer Manage My Plan on Xfinity.com - Error Message instead

MEGRIMLOCK wrote:

For what seems like almost 6-12 months now, I can not manage my plan online.  Instead of I receive the following error message:

We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order.

Please call us at 1-877-680-7173 and we can help.

At first I thought it was a glitch that would eventually get resovled, but it's never gone away and I need to figure out how to get this removed, or my account updated somehow, so I can go back to managing my account online.  I did make one call to a representative in the past and asked about this message, but they had no idea how to fix it, and said it will probably just go away in time, but it hasn't.

Certain processes require person-to-person activity and cannot be done online.

Frequent Visitor

I get this error simply by clicking the button for Manage My Plan, not trying to do one thing over another.

Frequent Visitor

Yup  - I get the same thing.  Literally i belive it happens for customers that have been with comcast for a long time and they want to make sure you call instead of even seeing what is available to you......and you know why they want you to call - so they can instead charge more for less, etc, etc.

New Poster

Irritated over this. I don't want to call or send a PM with my account info. I want to review my services and available packages online. Time to switch..

Official Employee

Hi MEGRIMLOCK, 

Sorry for the experience you're having. I'm not sure why this happens, but I would be happy to review and discuss the options that are available to you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Official Employee

Hi Mplsavant, 

Sorry you feel this way. I'd be happy to review the offers that are available in your area to see if there's anything else that works best for you. If you're interested, shoot me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services and we can go from there. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Official Employee

Hi ansct,

I'm sorry you feel this way. I understand why this would be frustrating. We don't want to lose your service. The reason we would need you to verify your account information before we can provide any details over the internet is to make sure you are the account holder or an authorized user so that no one else is making changes to the account without your consent.

If you can, please try to access this link to see if you are able to view the offers in your area. You will have to enter your current address, and click on "existing customer". If you see something that you're interested in, or would like to see if it's available to you, I'd be more than happy to check for you. Let me know. 

Frequent Visitor

ComcastChe wrote:

Hi MEGRIMLOCK, 

Sorry for the experience you're having. I'm not sure why this happens, but I would be happy to review and discuss the options that are available to you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Sent you a PM, thanks...

Official Employee

You're welcome! I've just replied. Chat with you soon. 

Official Employee

Hi mplsavant,  thank you for working with me via private message and glad we could get you in a promotion that fits your needs. Please reach out if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you