Community Forum

CAN'T MANAGE MY PLAN ONLINE

Regular Visitor

CAN'T MANAGE MY PLAN ONLINE

I've been trying to manage my plan online and keep getting the same message. The site only allows for shop/upgrades but prompts you to call in to make changes (lowering cost) on your existing plan. Again, this is a very shady business practice when your can't make a fair comparison to other plans online. I don't want to speak with an agent. All they do when you call is try to find some change options for you , up-sell or give you ridiculous suggestions so your don't downgrade your service. I can't trust the customer service department.. Comcast was overcharging me for 3 years for a returned box that was never removed from my bill. very poor customer service and a total hassle to resolve that issue. Without being able to see what's available how can I make a good decision. I just have to take the word for it over the phone??
New Poster

Re: CAN'T MANAGE MY PLAN ONLINE

I'm having the same issue. What is the point of the manage plan link if it doesn't work?
New Poster

I had exactly the same experience! It appears that many, many people have this same experience. The link doesn't function on purpose to get you to call so they can give you their sales pitch! I urge everyone who has time to call Comcast, demand to speak to a supervisor, and MAKE them tell you that the link isn't functional. Make them send you an email with EVERY available plan and their associated costs, so that YOU can decide what plan you would like!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I asked myself the same question- why having a link there what doesn't work. Again, the lack of transparency on their business practices is just too obvious. They keep saying it will be fixed some day but I wouldn't hold my breath on that everything is set up so that you have to make a call to speak with them
New Poster

Yup, same issue for me. I don't even know why the button exists. Even worse I can't even see my current service besides a generic "Internet Service" without any detail. I have to view my billing details to even see what my actual plan is.
Regular Visitor

The Manage Plan button is a scam to get you to talk to a sales person.  I never worked for me, since I signed up 11 months ago.  Nobody is working to fix this, and, clearly, they don't care.

Regular Visitor

I agreed and there is nothing we can do about it.  Below is the response I received from them.  They keep saying they're working on it  and we have to wait until they're satisfy with it.  What a joke!

"In regards to not being able to manage your account online when it comes to your package,Comcast is making some changes/upgrades to our system and we are working the kinks out before it goes live. Until we are satisfied with it, some of our customers will not be able to manage their accounts online.  We apologize for the inconvenience of having to call, chat, or e-mail in to manage your account. " 

New Poster

"Manage My Plan" hasn't worked for more than two years.  All the points here are correct that they are not really working on it.  Their business model emphasizes new customers over existing customers, so there is no management desire to allow existing customers to compare plans.  Truly sad to see when their scripts and commercials highlight valuing customers.

Regular Visitor

Now they're saying it's due to your service level that it prompts you to call the toll free number- if you're  triple play customer you can't manage your account online because you must speak with an agent first.  Around and around- one lie after another. These people are unbelievable.  

Below are their new remarks: 

"I do understand your frustration with not being able to compare packages through the website. Unfortunately, all existing triple play customers are directed to contact customer service when they attempt to add or upgrade services online"

No hopes folks.  I filed complaints with the BBB and FCC. I'm pretty it's just another waste of time.

Frequent Visitor

I can't manage my plan either and I'm a double play customer, but somehow today I was able to see offers, but of course they only let me upgrade to triple play, when i take the phone out, i get a message saying:"Sorry no offers match your criteria".