Community Forum

Account messed up and unable to get help

Highlighted
Contributor

Account messed up and unable to get help

I ‘m very disappointed with your service at this time. I've been a customer for 23 continuous years. Infinity messed up my account by merging another account (not mine) with mine and moving my username to this other account.   Apparently this other account is not longer connected.  This is what I was told by tech support.  This has resulted in my not being able to make any changes on my account and one of my email addresses is getting an error messages and can't receive email. I've contacted the company twice. Twice I was told that they would fix it and call me. They haven't fixed it and they haven't called me. One chat tech told me that the record showed that they tried to contact me twice. My phone records don't show that and there was no voice mail. I'm getting very disgusted with this. There are 2 tickets for this cr823854142 and cr824135535. Would somebody please fix the mess you made! Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Account messed up and unable to get help

Hi spminis, I can help look into this for you. Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

After one week with many phone calls, chats, emails etc it was finally resolved.  I was surprised at how difficult it became to straighten this out because 1) the problem was at your end and 2) Comcast constantly advertisers their great customer service.  

The most absurd thing was that when I finally got the phone number to contact security I was told by them  to get in touch with the person who's account was merged with mine and whose account some of my user names were transferred to, to  get their permission to move the MY usernames.   I was incredulous!   How was this my responsibility especially when I don't know who the person is and their account was inactive.   It was a disappointing experience.

Official Employee

@spminiatures, thanks for letting us know and I am very happy to hear this has finally been resolved! I offer my deepest apologies with any inconvenience or frustration this has caused you. Please be sure to reach out on here for any future issues or concerns. Thank you! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!