Community Forum

Account inactive

New Poster

Account inactive

I had an account previously, like 2014. I closed it out and did not owe any outstanding money. Now I've moved in with my fiance and want to switch from centurylink to comcast and my account is showing as inactive. When I had xfinity previously, I purchased my own modem, but xfinity insisted I had rented one. I did not receive a modem or rent one during my year of use.

Expert

Re: Account inactive

@AnnieMosesDan20 wrote:

I had an account previously, like 2014. I closed it out and did not owe any outstanding money. Now I've moved in with my fiance and want to switch from centurylink to comcast and my account is showing as inactive. When I had xfinity previously, I purchased my own modem, but xfinity insisted I had rented one. I did not receive a modem or rent one during my year of use.

That account is closed, so it's obviously not active.  You need to set up as a new customer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Account inactive

I can't create a new account. My phone # is tied to my existing account and it gives me an error. Even trying to create an account with my fiance's  phone number it won't accept the 6 digit code it texts to her phone. Something about the information not matching xfinity's records, but she's never had an xfinity account.