Community Forum

ANSWERED: How to Troubleshoot Your Xfinity TV with the Xfinity My Account App

Having an issue with your Xfinity TV service? Learn how you can use the Xfinity My Account app on your mobile device to troubleshoot or request a call back from a Comcast agent for further assistance.

Download the App

First, download the Xfinity My Account app (Apple/Android) and sign in using your Xfinity username and password.

Device Self-Help Information and Troubleshooting Guides

You can access self-help information and troubleshooting guides for other Xfinity services as well. Just click on the links below for more details:

Troubleshooting Steps

1. You will be asked to identify the problem.
  2. After selecting the item to troubleshoot, the app will run diagnostics. The app will initiate account-, service- and device-level checks.
  3. Based on the check, it will present options to correct whatever issues are occurring.
  4. You can reset modems, fix entitlement issues, be alerted when outages are resolved and more.
  5. The app will ask if the problem has been fixed.
  6. If the problem has not been fixed, please see the Troubleshooting - Request Assistance section for more options.

Common Problems & Solutions

Tapping Common Problems & Solutions will also allow you to see FAQs related to Xfinity TV service.
XFINITY My Account Mobile app: Common TV Issues screen.

Troubleshooting TV Issues

Tap Troubleshoot to fix common problems with your TV.
XFINITY My Account Mobile app: TV Device screen.
TV troubleshooting options display after checking connections.
XFINITY My Account Mobile app: Troubleshooting screen.
These options include:
  • On Demand isn't working
  • My cable box is acting strangely
  • I see an error message
    XFINITY My Account Mobile app: Troubleshooting screen.

Setting up a Remote

Here's an example of the information you will be shown if you select the help topic Setup a remote:
XFINITY My Account Mobile app: Remote Set-up screen.
Once you find your remote, tap Continue and follow the instructions to set up your remote to your devices.

Troubleshooting - Request Assistance

If you are unable to fix the problem through the app, there are options to get a call back from a Comcast agent (to avoid being on hold) or to contact @ComcastCares on Twitter. See more about troubleshooting your Xfinity Voice service with the Xfinity My Account app.

For additional information see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/my-account-app-mobile-troubleshooting

Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎06-17-2019 04:13 PM
Updated by:

Contributors