Community Forum

xfinity webmail error message

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

xfinity webmail error message

When using webmail, I've been getting the following error message as a pop-up and can't seem to find out anything about it:

"The provided login data to access mail server imap.comcast.net seem to be wrong. Please correct them."

Anyone else getting this or have a clue what to do about it?

Expert

Re: xfinity webmail error message

Do you have the account enabled in a desktop client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  Or is the account enabled in the mail app on a phone or tablet?  Or are you just using a browser and the webmail interface?  If you are using only a browser, IMAP would have nothing to do with anything.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Normally, I use Outlook to retrieve mail and have no current issues.  The only time this error message occurs is when I'm using webmail to view/retrieve messages.

Expert

You should not be seeing anything about IMAP if you are just using a browser and the webmail UI.  Try disabling the account in Outlook, then try signing in again with just a browser and the webmail UI.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!