Community Forum

xfinity email attachments

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: xfinity email attachments

Yes, when I right-click the docx attachment, I do get a window "Open link in new tab, open lin in new window, etc."  When I tried these options, I got the "Save As" screen again.  I also tried "Open in incognito window" I got Error 404.  At "Copy link address" I saw nothing happen.  At "Inspect element" I got a window of code.  What I did today was turn my docx documents into pdfs since I'm able to attach these.  Any other suggestions are welcome for the .docx attachments.  Thank you for your suggestions so far. 

Expert

If you right-click on the attachment, do you see an option to open or "open with"?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Also, this problem does not occur when I attach pdf files.  Only the Word documents.  

Regular Visitor

My documents are already .docx.  My mistake in presenting the problem. But thank you very much for your suggestion. I notice today also that when I receive an email and click on an attachment on it, instead of seeing the attachment, I get a path menu with a choice to save or cancel.  If I save, it downloads.  There is no other way to view it. So sending and receiving attachments are a problem. I am using Microsoft Word 2007, Windows 10, Chrome, and Xfinity email. Somewhere there's a wrong command. I'm still hunting for an answer.

Expert

Are you having the same issue with any other kind of attachments?  .doc is the older format from before 2003.  Make duplicates and try converting them to .docx and see if it changes anything---------------------

http://document.online-convert.com/convert-to-docx

Regular Visitor

xfinity email attachments

I am trying to attach 2 small .doc word documents (49kb and 31 kb) to an email.  I follow all the steps to attach a document. The filename uploads onto my email message under the Subject line.  I click on it to check it.  Instead of seeing my document, the"Save As" path to the document shows up.  I next sent the email with attachment to myself to check the attachment after sending it, and I still get the path when I click on the attachment.  By the way, I blocked pop-ups, cleared the cache, cleared downloads, disabled that pesky OneDrive file saver in my Settings, my documents are all closed before I try to do the attachment, and I've rebooted.  I've repeated all the steps many times and still get the Path instead of the document.  Why am I attaching a Path instead of a document?  Can someone help me?  I'm trying to apply for a job.