Community Forum

xFi and PS4 connection issue

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

xFi and PS4 connection issue

I received the replacement router due a technical glitch in the old one, the new router is supposed to automatically connect to the 2.4 or 5.0 channel yet the only light that blinks on the router is the 5.0 channel.

The ps4 only recognizes the 2.4 channel to my knowledge and cannot connect to 5.0. If the router is still using both channels and auto recognizes what the device uses why isn’t the light blinking on the router?

I have reset the gateway twice. 

Expert

Re: xFi and PS4 connection issue

Hi @Chws83

Try this: Log into your device and change the name of one of the networks. Doesn't matter if it's the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz network. Then try connecting your PS4 to the 2.4GHz network. 

I am not an employee.
New Poster

When set up the new router I changed the name in order to secure the network.

i logged into the gateway and I see I can edit the 5.0 band but not the 2.4 band because it’s gray’ed out. I changed the name again but the PS4 isn’t recognizing the network name. I try entering everything manually and I get an error telling me it can’t find the WiFi network because signal might be weak Smiley Sad

New Poster

This has been resolved by a factory reset! Both lights now blinking...

Expert

Ahh good to hear! Thanks for following up

I am not an employee.