Community Forum

xFI cable modems/routers questions (unstable internet with Cisco 3941T)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: xFI cable modems/routers questions (unstable internet with Cisco 3941T)

mrumppe wrote:

Arris/Motorola modems have been pretty reliable when it comes to cable for years now.  

FWIW, the Arris SB6190, and the Arris TG3482 are problematic due to the well known Puma 6 chipset fiasco.

Regular Contributor

Re: xFI cable modems/routers questions (unstable internet with Cisco 3941T)

Arris/Motorola modems have been pretty reliable when it comes to cable for years now.  

It could be a signal issue though on the line either internal or outside of the residence.  Changing modems won't do much for that other than chatting for a service call to clean up the signals.  As to your internal network usually just getting a 8 port gig switch is enough to keep things moving around the house without many drops and frees up some ports on your router.  

New Poster

xFI cable modems/routers questions (unstable internet with Cisco 3941T)

Since you seemed to have details on the 3 possible routers I could try and online chat is telling me I could cross ship others to try or have a tech come over, I was hoping you could help me.

I just switched from VZ 100/100 service and have my wifi all setup in the house... I switched to Xfinity 200/10 (was told it was 200/20 by sales rep Smiley Sad ) and have had latency issues and dropouts with the Cisco 3941T being used just simply with a wire to my existing wifi router.  I tried bridged mode and that seemed to work for a bit but then seemed to break randomly another ethernet device I plugged in; I read that one can only use one port but it wasn't clear if it had to be a specific one or any single port...

I'm just wondering if either Arris 1682G or Arris TG3482G might have better stability (mostly concerned about wired responsiveness) or bridge modes...

Cheers,

Bruce