Community Forum

wireless connection

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

wireless connection

for some reason my wireless connection is not working.  It tells me there is no wireless connections available.  When I plug the ethernet cable directly into my laptop, it works fine... not sure why I can't connect wireless though.... any suggestions. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: wireless connection

Do you have a Wireless router Connected to your Cable Modem?

If so are you powercycling the Modem so that it will recognize the Router when you connect it?

Is your Cable modem a Combination device that adds the functionality of Wireless?

What are the Manufactureer and Model numbers of the Router and Cable modem or Cable Gateway?

New Poster

I have a netgear wireless router that Comcast gave me.  It has been working fine until this morning when I tried to get on the internet.  I have the ethernet cable plugged into it right now, and when I plug it back into the wireless router, it gives me the same thing saying that there are no available connections.  I have turned off the router, and have reset the modem and turned the computer off.

Silver Problem Solver

There is a Reset button on the back of the router which is recesssed in a small hole.  You can depress that switch with a ball point pen or a toothpick and set the router to factory defaults.  Remember you will need to set up Wireless encryption again after the reset. to factory defaults.

New Poster

Thank you so much

Silver Problem Solver

You are welcome.  Did that resolve the issue for you?

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Moved to it's own Thread. Click the blue link to go to your post & replies to it.

Expert