Community Forum

will XB6 work with HSD Extreem 105

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

will XB6 work with HSD Extreem 105

will XB6 work with HSD Extreem 105-   (I have the 250 mb service, my account shows Extreem 105- I assume that is the 250 mb service).

Silver Problem Solver

Re: will XB6 work with HSD Extreem 105

gchavez916 wrote:

will XB6 work with HSD Extreem 105-   (I have the 250 mb service, my account shows Extreem 105- I assume that is the 250 mb service).

What is the XB6 model?

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/customerinfo

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

First off, your account must be reflecting incorrect information. Extreme 105 is 105 mbps plan. Any rented DOCSIS 3.1 XB6 would still work with those plans but that’s a bit overkill, you don’t really need an XB6. A DOCSIS 3.0 modem/gateway at least. Even an XB3 would suit for that plan as well. And beware that there are some CMTS that has a bug with DOCSIS 3.1 devices that could slow your speeds.
I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

FWIW, at one point I had heard that the XB6 gateway device was only being rented to customers that were actually subscribed to the Gigabit Speed Tier. Can an official Comcast employee chime in here and authoritatively confirm or deny please ?