Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

whitelist

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

whitelist

I need to build effectively a whitelist for my Comcast’s web e-mail account.  I need this for a stock newsletter which keeps on being placed in the Spam folder, no matter what I do.  I could not find any advice from Comcast for this issue.  I Googled the issue and an online newspaper recommended the following for Comcast customers:

1. In the “Spam” folder, highlight the e-mail from the sender whose e-mail you wish to no longer be treated as Spam.
  2. Right-click in the “From” field of the e-mail and select “Add To Contacts”.
  3. Also, click on “Not Spam” with the e-mail still highlighted.

I did all of the above, and new e-mail from this sender is still being treated as Spam.  I right clicked on the new e-mail, and rather than giving me the option to add the sender to my contacts, I was only given the option to edit the contact.  This indicates to me that the Comcast web e-mail application recognizes the sender of the e-mail is in my contact list.

What else do I need to do to keep this sender’s future e-mails out of the Spam folder?

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: whitelist

Just keep marking them as Not Spam when they get into the Spam folder.  It will take time for the filters to respond, and you will have to mark it for numerous times as a rule.  Comcast does not scan your address book for incoming senders.  If the problem persists for that one sender, call Comcast security and see if they can help-----------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

All Replies
Expert

Just keep marking them as Not Spam when they get into the Spam folder.  It will take time for the filters to respond, and you will have to mark it for numerous times as a rule.  Comcast does not scan your address book for incoming senders.  If the problem persists for that one sender, call Comcast security and see if they can help-----------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Frequent Visitor

Thanks