Community Forum

trouble reading email

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Admin1

Re: Email Problems - Error Loading Message Content

Hello All -- We had a server error that caused this problem. Apologies for any inconveniences this caused. 

Contributor

I guess I'll consider myself lucky, because I can at least see the emails listed in my folders. I can't always view them, but at least I know they're there.

I sent an email (and copied myself), and I received the email in my Inbox. However, I got the pop up message which said that my Sent folder had been closed, so my sent message couldn't be stored there. Sure enough, I went to my Sent folder and it's missing.

Absolutely frustrating. Unbelievable.

Contributor

Re: Access Denied

I'm having the same problem and posted a similar message earlier. I'm hoping Comcast is checking out this message board because many others are having the same issues. I'm trying to avoid calling the tech support number because all I do is get more frustrated after speaking with them.

The funny thing is, my wife has a Comcast email address under the same account as me (I'm the primary) and she isn't having any issues. We're both using the same laptop, so I know it isn't a pc or local software issue.

Expert
Regular Contributor

Access Denied

Why am I getting these messages starting today, this is just one of them:

Error while loading message content

Folder "INBOX" has been closed on mail server imap.email.comcast.net. Probably your request took too long.

Same while trying to delete trash, trying to get into sent emails, etc.

So what's going on?
Frequent Visitor

Re: Email Server Down

I have been getting the same message all afternoon.  I hope they get this fixed soon! 

Frequent Visitor

My email does not show up at all.  All of my folders are "empty."  I get the error message and I called Comcast.  The woman I spoke with told me that this problem is affecting a lot of customers.  Very frustrating!

Contributor

Email Problems - Error Loading Message Content

I'll add my name to the list of people who are getting the following message while attempting to use Comcast email today:

Folder "INBOX" has been closed on mail server imap.email.comcast.net. Probably your request took too long

This is happening when I go into my Trash folder, as well as other folders I have. This has been going on for a couple of hours (that I know of) this afternoon.

When I trying to delete a message from my Inbox, I get this message:

Error
This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.

I have less than 100 messages in my Trash folder, so that is NOT the problem.

Please get this email system fixed!!!
New Poster

Re: trouble reading email

I am getting this message, too, since around 10am Central today.  I hope they fix it soon!

Expert

I am seeing a sudden onslaught of this same complaint.  Something is going on with one or more Comcast servers.  So I've escalated this to the forum administrator.

New Poster

e mail error

An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request. Why?

New Poster

Re: "INBOX" has been closed on mail server imap.email.comcast.net

I just got the same message... 

Folder "INBOX" has been closed on mail server imap.email.comcast.net. Probably your request took too long.
New Poster

Emails errors when trying to access mail

When I login on my computer, I get this messsage:

Error

There was an issue while authenticating. This may be due to a recent password change. To continue please log out and log back in with your most current password.

I've logged in and out and the password is the correct one. 

My email is in the Inbox, but when I click on an e-mail message, I get this error:

The header of the message appears (The To/From section) but in the body of the message:

Any ideas?

Thanks

PicoSr

New Poster

Re: Can't Retrieve Email

Getting the same messages. Glad I'm not the only 1! 

Regular Visitor

Same here.  Nothing wrong with our passwords.

It's COMCAST.

End of story.

Contributor

Also can't log into my email via my desktop nor on the phone app.  So frustrating Getting an error message that says it's due to a recent password change and I haven't changed anything.

New Poster

Can't Retrieve Email

I am unable to open emails today. They keep saying: "Error while loading message content Folder "INBOX" has been closed on mail server imap.email.comcast.net. Probably your request took too long."

Contributor

Same here also, several problems.

New Poster

"INBOX" has been closed on mail server imap.email.comcast.net

Regular Visitor

Yes, it seems to be a bug - or something.  I'm getting it, too - many people are.

Regular Visitor

Re: my e-mail

Same here.

And CONNECTING TO CHAT "circling" for 15 minutes now.  NICE JOB, Comcast.  REAL nice job.
Frequent Visitor

Email Server Down

I'm getting an error message when I try to open any of my emails.  It appears that the email servers are down?

New Poster

email service

i can open any of my emails tells me error i did not open in time i have emails on jobs i am suppose to bid and i can not read them

New Poster

trouble reading email

I'm having trouble viewing email messages from my inbox. I get an error message that says the inbox has closed due to taking too long to load message. This happens almost immediately without any substantial time having passed. A few inbox messages do load, but many do not. I am able to delete messages I do not want to open without a problem. Is this a bug with the new system?