Community Forum

speed issues

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

speed issues

At the urging of Comcast, I have replaced my venerable Motorola SB6121 Cable Modem,( as Comcast said it would no longer be supported and would limit my internet speed,) with a Comcast approved Netgear CM500. Prior to the change, in spite of the fact that we have Blast! service (currently described in my area as 100mbps) I have been pegging consistently at +/- 25 mbps. Comcast blames the modem, although it was an 8 channel download and 4 upload docsis 3.0 device rated at 343 mbps. I switched over to the Netgear modem with no issues. The new device is working perfectly well, but at that same 25 mbps. Again I spoke with a rep on the phone, she tried restarting, reprovisioning, had me check cables etc, basically blamed my wiring, or the new modem, and said I should rent a Comcast provided modem. I have been down this road before and was worn down and gave up a couple of years ago. Now I'm starting to get seriously frustrated that I have purchased a new "supported" Modem and am continuing to not recieve the speed that I am paying for. Is there any way that I can definitively confirm at my end if this is throttling due to the profile of my account or some Hardware or wiring issue? 

Expert

Re: speed issues

What are you getting for the upload speed ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert