Community Forum

spam keeps returning

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: spam keeps returning

mamaberry1 wrote:

I have vista and do not understand why spam still shows up in my inbox. I tag it spam for more than 6 months.

When you have the same message coming back, if it's consistent, you could try setting up a filter to either send it to the Spam folder or just delete it before it gets to your Inbox.  From the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>>Email>>>>>>>Email Filters.  There are a number of different ways it could be done.

New Poster

I have vista and do not understand why spam still shows up in my inbox. I tag it spam for more than 6 months.

Gold Problem Solver

Are you reporting it as spam?

It takes awhile for spam reported to be recognized in the spam filters too.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

spam keeps returning

I keep putting a spam email in the spam folder and the same email keeps coming back. I thought once I marked it as spam it would automatically go to the spam folder? It's titled SF360 and I've never opened it so I'm not sure what is in the body of the email, but I'm tired of seeing it in my inbox.