Community Forum

sorting my email

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: sorting my email

Please post your issue in a new thread.  The one you are responding to is 7 years out of date.  I'm closing it.

Thank you.

New Poster

That works for "from JR" but what if you have a thread to 50 people? Which I often do. I want to clean up my email as I have over 4000 in the box and I find it very tedious scrolling through screen by screen to pull out the ones I want to keep. My husband has an older version and he can sort "From" Please fix this bug

Gold Problem Solver

Laurie-L wrote:

I agree . . . I can't find this function as well. I want to go back and delete all the mails I have from one sender and need to sort / group the "from" so I can check off all the mails from that sender or even batch transfer them to a newly created folder.

This new mail does not have the same friendly functionality as the old one.

The bug that prevents the sort by "From" in regular SZ will be fixed in a future release.   SZ Lite allows such a sort.

In addition, did you read charvey's post higher in this thread?  

Looking in my Inbox, I have 3 e-mails I copied myself on and the "From" field says "JR".   If I go up to the search box, and type from: JR, then my message listing changes to show only the 3 e-mails from JR.   I can click the check box at the left of the column heading to check all three individual messages and then perform whatever function I want on that group (move to another folder, mark as spam, delete, mark as unread, etc).

JR

Regular Visitor

I agree . . . I can't find this function as well. I want to go back and delete all the mails I have from one sender and need to sort / group the "from" so I can check off all the mails from that sender or even batch transfer them to a newly created folder.

This new mail does not have the same friendly functionality as the old one.

Frequent Visitor

I agree with you.

I just add folders like Jokes or by a persons name etc... I don't keep all emails I Delete!!!

Bronze Problem Solver

I know this is probably a rhetorical question, but why do people insist on leaving hundreds of emails in their inbox, making it a pain to search for a particular one?  Wouldn't it be soooo much easier to create folders and store emails by author, subject, etc?

mady

Bronze Problem Solver

To add to Carole.. type in

Gold Problem Solver

Chris413 wrote:

How do I sort my email by name(from)? I can sort by subject and date, but not from.....

At this time, you cannot sort by 'From', but you can type in 'From' in the search field.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

sorting my email

How do I sort my email by name(from)? I can sort by subject and date, but not from.....