Community Forum

refernce scc-1905

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: refernce scc-1905

Four and a half year old thread now being closed.

New Poster

JR071702 wrote:

TPinho3385 wrote:

Why does this SCC-1905 keep coming up every time I want to forward an e-mail??????

Because one or more of the addresses that you are forwarding to has an invalid character.

JR

That answer is not correct.  It happens with ALL addresses.

Gold Problem Solver

TPinho3385 wrote:

Why does this SCC-1905 keep coming up every time I want to forward an e-mail??????

Because one or more of the addresses that you are forwarding to has an invalid character.

JR

New Poster

Bronze Problem Solver

franklt wrote:

I have checked my address book and the invalid characters are not there.  But when I select the name in the address book in SmartZone it adds the characters.  How is it doing this?  If this is causing it then SmartZone is the problem. For example I have Sam Smith as a name in the address book so email address is sam.smith@email.com but when I forward an email the to line puts "Sam Smith" <sam.smith@email.com>.  It makes no sense as I do not have the quotes or the <> in my address book. 

Well, like I said in one of my posts in that thread I referenced, it is a bit confusing. What you show above should work fine. The "<" ">" characters displayed/added by Smartzone in the To: line won't cause a problem, a problem would arise if *you* had added one of those characters to the email address in your address book. Are you sure you have sam.smith@ and not sam,smith@ (dot vs comma) in your address book? The comma would cause the problem. If the address looks fine, I'd try deleting and then readding the email address.

New Poster

I have checked my address book and the invalid characters are not there.  But when I select the name in the address book in SmartZone it adds the characters.  How is it doing this?  If this is causing it then SmartZone is the problem. For example I have Sam Smith as a name in the address book so email address is sam.smith@email.com but when I forward an email the to line puts "Sam Smith" <sam.smith@email.com>.  It makes no sense as I do not have the quotes or the <> in my address book. 

Bronze Problem Solver

franklt wrote:

I am getting emails that I forward back with this message - any suggestions?     

Check out this thread

New Poster

refernce scc-1905

I am getting emails that I forward back with this message - any suggestions?