Community Forum

"unwanted" folder in email

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

"unwanted" folder in email

i am accessing my xfinity email via the web in my browser. a few months ago an upgrade happened which changed the look of the website. at that time, a folder appeared outside of my INBOX titled "My Folders" and a folder inside of it titled "Unwanted". i have checked my settings and have no rules in place that would send any email there but most of my incoming email messages go there. i've tried adding them to my contacts. doesn't help. i've even created a rule saying when an email coming in from this certain domain arrives, send it to my inbox. still doesn't help. while its not the end of the world, it is certainly annoying at the very least. this folder is entirely separate from the "spam" folder. just gives you more places to have to look for messages. this "unwanted" folder is not visible to me when i access my email account on my android phone, only on the computer via web browser. tech support chat line has been absolutely no help at all. the things they've asked me make me feel like they've never even used a web browser let alone used it to access xfinity email. does anyone have any ideas of how to make my messages go directly to my inbox and stay there until i move them myself?