Community Forum

"powerinbox"

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

"powerinbox"

Under my list of mail boxes on web.mail.comcast.net, I am getting a little box of ads and irrelevant visuals.  Some are fixed and some are in motion.  I rested my cursor on a spot on the latest and saw “powerinbox”. How do I get rid of this?

Expert

Re: "powerinbox"

You can download AdBlock Plus for your browser.  The ads will go away, but the placeholder space will still be there.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I am already running Disconnect and it is a very good app.  I don’t think I need another ad blocker, and since Disconnect didn’t pick it up, I believe this is something insidious Xfinity is responsible for. I have never had ads to pop up on my email page until now.

Regular Visitor

I am getting ads from "PowerInbox" in one of the lists I subscribe to & can tell you that Adblock Plus will stop the ones I am getting. I am not saying your ad blocker is not capable of doing the same thing but I have not tried that blocker. The ads from "PowerInbox" are among the more difficult ones to stop but reach out to a friend who understands regular expressions to help you. It took me about 20 minutes to get the filter I needed. Given I am getting ads in situations where I am not going through Xfinity, I do not think they are the villain in this case.

I am not trying to be evasive here because without seeing the HTML code that is generating what you are seeing it is difficult to know if the same filter I have would work for you. Most of the online documentation for Adblock Plus talks about using DIV based filtering, my guess the people from "PowerInbox" have read this which is why the ads here are based on TABLE instead.

I am not a Comcast employee -- just someone who has a low frustration level for ads that require me to click to clear, that move or flash.

Expert

I'll just add that I use Adblock Plus myself, and I never get ads in the bottom section of the folders pane.  The placeholder is still there, but it's always empty.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!