Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

"XFINITY ID Registration Deactivated"

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

"XFINITY ID Registration Deactivated"

I received an email from "My XFINITY" (noreply@xfinity.net) with the Subject Line "XFINITY ID Registration Deactivated", stating that my XFINITY Account had been temporarily deactivated pending my consent to XFINITY's Electronic Communications Delivery Policy.  There was a link in the email stating "Click Here to Confirm the ID Registration (XFINITY ID or Email)". There was a statement in the email saying that "If you choose to ignore our request, your account will be deactivated."  I am 99.9 percent certain this is a scam, but I wanted to confirm and to alert both Comcast and other XFINITY customers who may have received a similar message.  Most of the time such scams are pretty obvious, with spelling and grammar errors, etc., but this one was much more "professional" looking and I almost fell for it (I did not open the link.)

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: "XFINITY ID Registration Deactivated"

See here about legitimate emails from Comcast---------------

Phish or Legit?

You can report such scam attempts here-------------

https://constantguard.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/

All Replies
Expert

See here about legitimate emails from Comcast---------------

Phish or Legit?

You can report such scam attempts here-------------

https://constantguard.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/

Official Employee

Hello SLHeyborne, most likely this was a scam e-mail. However, if you would like me to look at your account to see if there was anything compromised,  I certainly can. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you