Community Forum

"Appsuite" on Comcast.net and Xfinity.com E-mail services

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

"Appsuite" on Comcast.net and Xfinity.com E-mail services

How can I get rid of the "Appsuite" software and functions (actually MAL-FUNCTIONS) on my Comcast.net E-mail? Appsuite was implemented by Comcast without my consent and without prior preparation or tutorials, back toward the end of January 2018, and it is HORRIBLE, SLOW, CUMBERSOME, NON-INTUITIVE, AND HAS FREQUENT PROBLEMS WITH CRASHES AND FREEZING. There are also numerous functions that I can no longer do AT ALL that formerly I could do rapidly and without glitches before the end of January. The way it aggregates all e-mails in a conversation withouot being able to selectively delete one or save one, the way that attachments cannot be deleted in most cases, the way that the dates and times E-mails are posted for over a week now are just all listed as "Tuesday" or "Thursday," and the way that my SENT folder e-mails now arbitrarily show the recipient as myself--some show the actual recipient, but many just say me, even though my address was NOT in the header "TO" or "CC" or BCC." I am IT-literate, a heavy E-mail user (both receipt and compose/send), and Internet user--and without any exaggeration, it now takes me at least 3 times as long as before to access, compose, and send e-mails, plus archiving and weeding out/deleting old e-mails is a burdensome task, and my fingers are very sore from the numerous functions that now take several clicks instead of a single click!  Comcast is a near-monopoly IP in our metro area, but I am outraged by this LOUSY. E-mail service--everything was fine before Appsuite, which is a total waste of time!  Who could possibly think that this Appsuite is an IMPROVEMENT!??!!? I want to return to the e-mail service and logic I had from Comcast/Xfinity before this TERRIBLE changeover to a backward system that feels like Word Perfect 4.0 from about 1990! HOW DO I GET RID OF "APPSUITE" AND RETURN TO COMCAST.NET E-MAIL FUNCTIONALITY SUCH AS I HAD BEFORE THE END OF JANUARY 2018???

Expert

Re: "Appsuite" on Comcast.net and Xfinity.com E-mail services

Unfortunately, once you've been migrated to the Appsuite webmail there is no returning to Zimbra webmail.  Comcast didn't need your permission to upgrade their email system.

You might want to consider using an email client instead of webmail.  You definitely have more control over the client than you do over webmail.  There are a number of excellent free clients; I prefer and have used Thunderbird for a number of years.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!