Community Forum

problem attaching files

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: problem attaching files

a little more info that might help the diagnosis:  I sent a test email with attachment as described earlier, and the recipient said that she opened the attachment and COULD see the file.  Then I went to my sent box and the opened the test email, and then oppened the attachment.  I still could see only the path, not the file itself.  When I say "the path", what I mean is that when I open the email attachment, I am taken to a place where I am asked to save the attachment.  Actually I think it is usually or always my photo files, even when my attachment was from my document files.  Does that help ID the problem?

Regular Visitor

problem attaching files

I've seen the exact same problem described before on this forum and none of the solutions offered work.  I have had Xfinity email for years, but only recently (a new laptop?) has this problem occurred.  When I attach a file to an outgoing email, and I open the attachment to check it before sending, I only see the path, not the file itself.  I used to always be able to see the file itself, so some setting has changed, but I can't figure out where.