Community Forum

only getting 60 Mbps, but have 150 Mbps performance pro

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: only getting 60 Mbps, but have 150 Mbps performance pro

@andyross wrote:
) What brand/model router are you using? Some older routers cannot handle higher speeds. 

FWIW, they stated this in their original post @andyross;

" RT-AC68"

Silver Problem Solver

How are you connecting? (WiFi or Ethernet.) What brand/model router are you using? Some older routers cannot handle higher speeds. I used to have an old Linksys that maxed out around 42-45.
Diamond Problem Solver

The stats are o/k. What do you get with a computer directly connected to the 6141 (no router) ?

New Poster

Yep I have power cycled countless times.

Does this picture work?

modemSignalLevels.JPG

Diamond Problem Solver

O/k so the pic is blank. Have you tried power cycling the modem ?

New Poster

only getting 60 Mbps, but have 150 Mbps performance pro

I've just opened an account and have paid for the 60 Mbps + performance pro package = 150 Mbps. However I am only receiving 60 Mbps, so I think my modem may not have received the correct configuration. Anyone know how to fix this I've tried all the tricks? I also tried contacting customer support but the guy was clueless and kept insisting it was a wiring issue and I need a tech to come out. I know for a fact this is false because I was using the same setup yesterday under a different account and was getting 120+ no problem. (using a SB6141 and RT-AC68) and attached signal levels
modemSignalLevels.PNG