Community Forum

no tab for add new user for secondary email account

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: no tab for add new user for secondary email account

Yes I clicked on :"Users and Preferences" but the tab to add a new user in not visible. I beleive it might be a browers setting but it did the same thing in ie and chrome.

Contributor

After you signed into the account, did you click on "Users and Preferences" at the top of the screen?

New Poster

I'm a new Comcast customer. I only have one email account (newly created primary) and the tab to new users does not show to add a secondary account. I've tried two different browsers ie and chrome and the issue was the same in both browsers. I did contact Comcast support and all they could do is open a ticket and said a tech would be contacting me in 48-72 hours. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

New Poster

I have yes. As I said I'm brand new so it's the only account I can log in on. I still have no add tab. Thanks
Expert

Did you read CCCarol's post above?  Did you follow those instructions?

New Poster

hello, I just signed up for new service and I only have the primary account tab, no "add user" one at all.  I am trying to get my wife's email switched over and this is a real drag considering you cant get anyone on the phone-  Help!!

hpuser wrote:

I am trying to add a new email account, but there is no tab for "add new user" I can see the 3 accounts that I already have but no tab to add a new user.

Regular Visitor

Do you use Add User to set up a third email address?

And I used to have a 3rd email address I used back in 2007.  I don't see it listed anywhere.  Can I tell if I deleted it?  Or do they get deactivated if you haven't used it in awhile?

Gold Problem Solver

You must sign in with the PRIMARY USERNAME AND PASSWORD.

Then-
Click on My Account at the top of the page
You will. Be directed into Customer Central
Click on the Users and Preferences tab
A window opens showing your Primary and all Secondary Users...
At the end of that, you see Add User
Click on add user to add another user.

If you still cannot get to this in Customer Central, you are probably not signed in with the actual PRIMARY username.

You can check what is your primary and secondaries, Follow these steps to check:

Go to the My Account sign in page (clickable link)

Underneath SIGN IN you will see Don't know your email or username? Click the link.

Tick the circle next to your address, click Next.

All user accounts will be listed. The primary account will have that designation next to it.

OR

Comcast.net User Name Lookup (clickable link)

Enter the information as described above.

If you don't know or have forgotten the password, you'll have to call Comcast to get the password or to reset it.

And if you do find that the account you thought was the primary is in reality a secondary account, see THIS POST for instructions on how to grant secondary account holders permission to access view/pay the bill.

You can also change the account ownership by following the directions HERE.

If it IS the primary account, please post, let us know, and we can have a Comcast forum admin assist you in resolving the issue.

You can also check for the primary account name from your mobile phone or a computer away from home by clicking I'm not at home.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

I still don't have it!

New Poster

Thank You for your help  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Problem Solver

The Add a user tab has been restored.

Gold Problem Solver

I'll post this issue in the appropriate forum. Hopefully a forum admin and/or official employee will see it sooner rather than later and get it to the appropriate team for correction.

edit: posted here http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/COMCAST-EMPLOYEES-Create-Secondary-Account-AWOL/m-p...

New Poster

At least I'm not loosing it.   :-)   I know for sure I am logged in to primary account, but now I know I'm not the only one that doesn't see the tab.

Gold Problem Solver

I just looked at the Users & Preferences page while signed in as the PRIMARY user and indeed Add New Account is missing. I know it was there last week because I created one then.

If signed in as a secondary account you won't see the tabs for all user accounts. Only the primary will see those.  Since you see all the accounts listed you probably are signed in as the primary account holder.

Another case of changing something and no one proofing to make sure everything was correct and working?

Gold Problem Solver

If that is the case, you are not signed in with the PRIMARY username and password

On the Comcast homepage, on the left side, scroll down to FIND YOUR USERNAME, click there. It is found under Quick Links.

OR- Scroll down in this thread to HOW TO FIND YOUR PRIMARY USERNAME.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Billing/How-to-View-Pay-your-bill-Online-and-or-Secure-your-Account/m-p...

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

no tab for add new user for secondary email account

I am trying to add a new email account, but there is no tab for "add new user" I can see the 3 accounts that I already have but no tab to add a new user.