Community Forum

netgear cm600

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

netgear cm600

not having any problems but i get some correctables when i check in the morning and they always show up overnight nothing during the day,and no messages in the event log.any reason why they would always occur overnight?when i had my motorola 6183 those same frequencies showed no correctables at all. i get a couple hundred correctables every overnight.no uncorrectables and nothing in the event log.it's not maintenance because i had the modem for 9 days and this occurs every overnight.it's just bothering me.i would like to get an answer?
Expert

Re: netgear cm600

What do the modem's signal stats look like also  ?

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

downstream they are all 40-41 SNR,power level all 5-7 dbmv,and upstream is 42,42.8,44.5.no events at all in the event log and no issues,i know this stuff good.just bothering me thats all.

Expert

The "correctables" are not a problem. It's the *uncorrectables* that would be a problem if they were frequent and numerous.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

There's all sorts of reasons for errors on codewords. SInce they seem to happen only at night, I'm guessing either someone's broadcasting on radio frequencies close to the frequencies on your cable signals or there's maintenance going on with the cable lines at those times.

Since you're only getting correctable, and no uncorrectable codewords, there's nothing to worry about - the system is working exactly as it should. 

You could always read up on DOCSIS technology and how it works, if you're really interested in the nuts and bolts of the system. 

Contributor

i know but as soon as i hooked up the cm600 the correctables started,and as i said before never had any with the motorola 6183,i could go 30 days without seeing a single correctable???

Expert

Perhaps it's a glitch with the reporting mechanism or it's a bit of a hypochondriac compared to the other modem. Don't sweat it if you aren't having any connectivity problems.