Community Forum

mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com not working

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com not working

The MB8600 has 4 ethernet ports, so you could do Link Aggregation if and when this feature is supported. 

Heat issues are unfortunately an issue with all the Broadcom chipset modems, but IMO worth it over the Intel Puma 7 chipsets. Plus heat shouldn't be an issue if you place the modem in a well ventilated area. 

Comcast Experts are other customers who volunteer their time helping on the forum and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Unless so specifically stated, my opinions written herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast, its official employees or affiliates.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a regular customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

@darkangelic wrote:

@Stwallers wrote:

Thank you for the recommendations.  I prefer to keep my modem and router separate which limits my choice to my current under powered Arris TM822g or the Netgear C500V.  It would take advantage of my internet tier but only at a modest upgrade.

I wonder if it would be possible to retain the TM822g and configure it for telephony only? Then I could upgrade to the modem to a docsis 3.1 (Motorola MB 8600).  That modem would likely have a longer spec lifeframe than the Netgear c500V.  I guess it's beyond the initial topic but is it possible to connect 2 modems?  One for telephony only and the other for internet?

I have an ARRIS SB8200 for Gigabit internet and an ARRIS TM722G for voice, so absolutely you can do it. 

I considered the Arris SB8200.  It has the plus of matching brands  (thought the rest of my setup is TP-Link).   But the Motorola has slightly better reviews (very slightly), is a bit cheaper and a lot of the reviews mention heating issues so I'm think of that.  I'm just glad I heard proof of concept so I might order it tonight.

Expert

@Stwallers wrote:

Thank you for the recommendations.  I prefer to keep my modem and router separate which limits my choice to my current under powered Arris TM822g or the Netgear C500V.  It would take advantage of my internet tier but only at a modest upgrade.

I wonder if it would be possible to retain the TM822g and configure it for telephony only? Then I could upgrade to the modem to a docsis 3.1 (Motorola MB 8600).  That modem would likely have a longer spec lifeframe than the Netgear c500V.  I guess it's beyond the initial topic but is it possible to connect 2 modems?  One for telephony only and the other for internet?

I have an ARRIS SB8200 for Gigabit internet and an ARRIS TM722G for voice, so absolutely you can do it. 

Comcast Experts are other customers who volunteer their time helping on the forum and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Unless so specifically stated, my opinions written herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast, its official employees or affiliates.

I am a regular customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

Yeah. On the Internet side, it is one modem per subscription of a speed tier if you are locally allowed to have another internet modem.

For separate modems, yes a phone call would be needed for the activation so that it gets activated correctly. People over the 800 might know if you can use one for internet and one for voice, however, people at the nearest XFINITY Store would definetly know. The splitter should be 5-1000MHz (1GHz) rated and not the gold colored ones.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

and just a followup.  I believe I have found a thread that describes exactly what I want to do:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/separate-modems-for-voice-and-internet-cable/td-p/27...

New Poster

@jweaver0312 wrote:

@Stwallers wrote:

I dont see a problem in doing such, as long as the signals are good.

Thank you. 

It took some searching and it sounds like you cannot connect 2 modems for internet but if  one is telephone only and one is internet, then 2 modems are allowed.  Either way it sounds like a phone call to comcast because I can't find a way to do set it up remotely (plus a call to verify it is allowed before purchasing the new modem).  I guess I now need to find an approved splitter as well.

New Poster

I have decideded to simply not use the customer info version of the page.  It's a shame you cannot get individually tailored information.  I have also noted that on the days I have tried to use the mydeviceinfo page while signed in, my entire system has gone down and I've had to take the step of re-cycling my modem-router setup.

Expert

@Stwallers wrote:

I dont see a problem in doing such, as long as the signals are good.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

Gold Problem Solver

@Stwallers wrote: ... According to the website I need to go to the following page:

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/search ...

I get the same error when I try to go directly to the "search" page or the "customerinfo" page, so I use https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/ and go from there.

Expert

Unfortunately that webpage can be problematic sometimes.

You need a 16x4 or faster modem to work on Blast Pro 250.

Since you found the pinned thread listing devices, your search should go a bit easier. 

Personal recommendations:

ARRIS SB6183 for internet only, Netgear CM500V if you need voice, Netgear C7100V if you want an all-in-one gateway. 

New Poster

Another follow-up.

I found the thread above that lists Approved Network Devices.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Approved-Xfinity-Network-Devices/td-p/3109887

I found that I can access th apges of any of the linked devices (e.g., https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/device/tp-link-tc-7620-506)  so long as I am signed out of my account. If I try to sign in on the window or navigate back to the customer info window the page no longer loads.

New Poster

An additional follow-wp.

I attempted the same thing on an android phone using chrome rather than my desktop computer and had the same outcome.

New Poster

Hmmm, I just opened a firefox browser.  Signed in to my account.  Ecounterd a circle with three pulsing dots for about 20 seconds until it was replaced with the same error message as I encountered in chrome.

I also tried with microsoft edge with the same outcome.

Diamond Problem Solver

FWIW, this link works for me using the Firefox browser;

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/customerinfo

New Poster

mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com not working

I received a call that my modem (Arris TM822G) was not capable of my service (blast tier).  I wanted to check this and look for compatable devices.  According to the website I need to go to the following page:

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/search

Everytime I attempt to do so I get the following message:

Sorry

Something happened and we could not fulfill this request. Please try again in a few minutes.

I have tried on multiple browsers with the same results.  A call to comcast yesterday did not solve the issue in the time i had alloted.

Is there any other way to get the mydeviceinfo page to load?  Or any other options for viewing compatable equipment?